May 15, 2011

Tissue Paper Flowers

I am so excited to be back on She's a Sassy Lady Blog today! I just love this place, don't you?

I have been looking for a low cast addition to my cards and crafts. When I was planning this project, Mother's Day was looming and I have to confess, I took a walk down memory lane. Do you remember those big tissue paper flowers every child took home to mom at one point in time? They were my inspiration for this project, but I had to go one step further!

For this project you will need:
  • Provo Craft's Mother's Day Bouquet for the leaves
  • White gift tissue paper
  • 4.25 x 5.5" Card
  • Background paper to fit card
  • Tim Holtz Distress inks
  • Imaginisce I-Rock and heat-set gems
  • Imaginisce Petal rolling tool
  • 4" paper doily (approximate size.
  • Ribbon and cord
  • Sentiment of choice
  • assorted glues
Here is the video, showing how to create these great little flowers. I hope you enjoy!




I hope you get a chance to visit me on my blog! Until next time, keep sorting those scraps in order to generate the gems!
Nonna

8 comments:

Peggy T. said...

I tried several times to view the video but had so much background noise I could not hear it. Is it just my machine? I tried with two different web browsers as well as going to Youtube. I really wanted to see this technique.

Peggy T.
timmermanp@bellsouth.net

Shelley said...

Sheila, I had the same issue as Peggy. I love your videos!

Shelley

Lisa said...

Same issue here, the flowers are adorable, I remember those tissue flowers. Your card is beautiful, what a great idea to bring that back but in smaller form. Love the way you inked them.

Marjorie said...

I want to see how you did this but the scratchy background noise was just too much. Hope that you are able to re-video.

Charlene said...

Beautiful card. I couldn't hear the video over the noise though. Hope you are able to fix it for us!

Idea Queen said...

I couldn't hear a word over the the noise I think is suppose to be music.

Dawn, RI said...

except for the static, the vidio was good and easy to to follow, just muted the sound
Dawn RI
abosoffit@hotmail.com
loved your card

scrapnlifeaway said...

I too had an issue trying to hear the video!! Nonna could you also please post a link to your blog?? I just love flowers and think this would be a great thing for me to learn how to do!!! (and save me money :) !! )