May 25, 2011

"Can ya Sell it?"

Those were the words out of my husband's mouth when he saw my completed projected.  Hi everyone, Beth here from thunderbirdlindybydesign.  Today I wanted to share with you a project I have been working on for several week's now.  This project serves many purposes.  First of all I was inspired to make it when I ran across something similar when I was perusing the Graphic 45 Blog and discovered a very talented artist by the name of Jenny Svensson.  She created a paper Mansion using Graphic 45 Steam Punk Paper.  It really struck a cord with me and I wanted to make my own.  Second, when I first saw the French Manor exclusive Circle Cartridge, I knew I needed to make furniture with it, and this was the perfect outlet for my furniture making using this cartridge, and finally 3rd, I needed to enter something for the Circle blog Monthly Tic Tac Toe Challenge.  My project needed to have cuts welded with the Gypsy, a Sun Cut(I used the Gypsy wandering cart already installed), and buttons.  This project had all 3 and many more.

I had loads of fun making this project.  It has paper printed from the Imagine covering the front, numerous cricut cuts, and it took just about all of the imagination I had.  It's about 21" tall and 24" wide.  It also took almost all of the glue I had on hand, and almost 2 full paper stacks as well as my imagine paper.  I used paper from the DCWV collection, but I can't remember the name of them.  If I could have a house in the country somewhere, this is what I would want it to look like.  Come along with me while I take you on a tour of my own "Mansion".






Bay Window with Picket Fence.


Front door.

Porch Swing with Picket Fence

Bathroom Balcony


Kitchen with farmhouse sink



Living Room with Grandfather clock



Cabinet in the Bedroom.


My favorite room, bath with old fashioned pull toilet.



Attic/Craft/Inspiration Room


Desk

Top of Desk with "glass" top and collectibles inside.

I hope you enjoyed the tour of my house, and to answer my husband's question, NO I can't sell, what in the world would someone do with it:)

Until next time, and thanks Sheila for once again having me as a guest.

Beth!
Post a Comment