May 27, 2011

A Quick Flower Tutorial

Hi all,
Hope you're all having better weather than we are at the moment. Today I thought I'd do a quick flower tutorial for you. You need some white card, a Gypsy and Cricut (I used my Expression or you could use flower punches), a black pen compatible with your copics or promarkers or any other pens you use and some bling.



First I opened up a new file on my Gypsy. I then looked for flowers on my carts where the petals weren't too small. I sized them according to how big I wanted the flowers to be on a card. They were under 2 inches in size. I kept the chain link in place so the width and height stayed linked.


Here are the flowers all cut out in white card. I know they don't look like much at the moment but that's about to change.
I then got my black pen and doodled on the flowers. I choose different designs and played about with them.

I then coloured them in. I've just got some Trias so I was experimenting with them whilst colouring these in. The beauty of these flowers are that you can do a tonal flower (blue flower), you could do outrageous colours, you can colour them in complimenting your papers.

I then shaped the petals and added some bling. You could layer the flowers up too.
Well I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Please have ago it's quite easy and you can really personalize your flowers. I want to say thank you to Sheila for having me today as a designer.
If you liked this tutorial please take alook at my blog as I have some more on there. http://www.kamscraftyplace.blogspot.com/
We have half term starting tomorrow, a week with the children off school. I can't wait to have some time to be creative with my children.
Thanks for reading
Kelly x

11 comments:

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Wow - what a simple tutorial for flowers that look gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing with us!
Hugs,
M

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Love it!!!! Love the idea, TFS!

Larelyn said...

Oooh, thanks for a wonderful idea.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a great idea! I love the look of these flowers and you are right the possibilities are limitless. Great tutorial that we can all use. Thanks for sharing with us today.

Anonymous said...

These are adorable. TFS
Sue

Anonymous said...

Wow you could cut these on colored paper too to make it easier to color in. TFS this great idea.
Nancy

Granny said...

Your flowers are really nice. TFS

Java Jen's Creations said...

I love your flowers!!! They are so unique and beautiful!!!

Cricut Couple said...

So Clever! Love the doodling on the flowers! Who would have thunk it? Very Cool!!!

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [28 May 02:15am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Lisa said...

What a great idea. I love the way you can make them your own. Awesome job.