July 6, 2011

An Artist At Work Layout



Hey scrappers, this is Kate from Sassy and Scrappy! I hope you all are enjoying your summer with family and friends, I certainly am. The pictures I chose to scrap today are of my nephew decorating some $1 bird houses I picked up at Michael's, they are gifts for his Mom and my Mom (Grammy) for Mother's Day. As you will see in the pictures he loves using lots of bling and flowers. He had a vision, so I let the little artist run free with my supplies...well, with a little supervision. Lol!


Here is a sample of the paper and cardstock stickers I used.


I decided to cut a pair of scissors and a bottle of glue to add to my layout. Both of these items came from Nate's ABC's.



In the two pictures above I tried to show a little bit of my process. I cut and lay out my paper and embellishments where I think they will go, before adhering anything. As you can see I ended up moving things around.


This is a picture of the tag I added my journalling to. I used 2 different stamp sets and a border punch from Fiskars.


A close-up of the Cricut embellishments I created with the help of my Gypsy.


Instead of using one of my cartridges for the title of this layout I decided to used a combination of Thickers and alphabet stickers. I like the variation in color and style of the letters.


Left page


Right page

Details

  • Pattern Paper and stickers: October Afternoon "Fly A Kite"
  • Solid Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
  • Thickers: American Crafts
  • Alphabet Stickers: My Mind's Eye
  • Twine: The Twinery
  • Glue cut from Nate's ABC's at 2.75-inches
  • Scissors cut from Nate's ABC's at 2 -inches
  • Buttons and Kraft Twine: Papertrey Ink
  • Mini Paperclip and designer masking tape: Tim Holtz
  • Border Punch: Fiskars "Notebook"
  • Stamps-Technique Tuesday, Unity Stamps
Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my project today. I hope this layout will provide some inspiration to scrap or create a fun "summery", (not really a word, but you get the idea) card. I always love comments and if there are any questions I'd be happy to answer them. I hope to see you soon!

10 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Kate this is a WONDERFUL layout. Love the colors and the lttering that you used. Thanks for the great tutorial.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Kate - this is a gorgeous layout! I love the soft colors and the cute pair of scissors!!! Gorgeous
Hugs,
M

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a sweet layout.. I will have to remember those scissors are on Nate's ABC's...

Stacy said...

Kate,
What a great layout, I love the colors
Great job
Hugs
Stacy

Anonymous said...

Darling little layout... I am so excited as I just got this cart. TFS
Sue

Amber J said...

Your layout is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Your little guy is just adorable and the layout is wonderful. TFS
Nancy

Granny said...

How cute is this? Adorable layout and a handsome little guy. TFS

L.B. said...

such a fun layout. Great great great

GabyCreates.com said...

Cute and fun layout... I love the combination of stamping and Cricut cut on a LO