July 16, 2011

Gypsy Made Simple - Tri-Fold Thank You Card

Good morning. It is another Gypsy Made Simple Saturday and this week I am revisiting the Tri-Fold card to make a thank you card for our very own Aymee Gandy of A Scraphappy Sothernbelle. She was so nice to restructure this blog. Hopefully she will have recieve the card before this posts.
This was a very popular post when I did this a couple of months ago. Click HERE if you need to go back and get the basics for making the card. Remember I  asked you to make a Tri-Fold template on your Gypsy. Today we will see just how easy it is to go to that template and produce a card in no time at all!


This is a great little video that shows you step by step how to make your card from that template. Now remember if you get lost just stop the video, rewind and get back on track. Or you can stop it at any time to catch up to where I am.


Now this second video show you that how to flip you art so that you copy will be in the right direction. Note something note show is the half flower. I cut 2 for each card, 1 of the flowers is flipped side to side as I ran it on both sides of the card flap as I liked the way it looked that way. I hand cut the area for my sentiment with the scraps that were left over. The card file has it set up that way and it is set up for a 2 card cut.


The papers I chose was from K and Company it was from the spring collection. It is hard to see but the center of the Daisy had a little pink and gold in it so I used pink and gold stickles in the center of the daisy.


First I cut all my pieces and sorted them. Then I scored the base of the card.

Then I used Glossy Accents on the daisies as they have a soft sheen to them. I put the Glossy Accents on lightly and then rubbed it on with my finger tip so it would just have a light coat on it. Afterwords I thought you could use decoupage to do the same thing. I set them aside to dry and had dinner with hubby.

I then attached and stickled the centers of the daisy. It always amazes me how different they look when wet and when dry! I later added a little pink to it also to match the daisy on the inside of the card.

I then assembled the cards..... I placed the half flower to the right flap on both the front and the inside of the card.


I used foam tape between the large flowers for dimension. Be careful not to go over the height of the base of your card or it will not fit in the envelope properly.

See how pretty they turned out! I just love daisies don't you? I didn't need much space to write but you could have made 3 separate sentiment areas if you wanted to

This is the only photo I got of the front of the cards before I dropped Aymee's in the mail. I sure hope she liked her thank you! I sure appreciate her hard work.
This week I challenge you to make ANYTHING with your Gypsy! Then link it up to my blog. If you have seven items then link up all seven! If you only have time for one project, WONDERFUL, just link it up. I love seeing all your BEAUTIFUL designs, it truly inspires me to keep on creating as I learn so many wonderful things from you!
Click for your 3Fold-TY-Sassy Lady Gypsy File and you can download to your Gypsy.
Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments continue to inspire me to keep sharing with you!

14 comments:

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Love the big daisies with the daisy paper. Will try this soon.

Bamabel said...

Loved this card! It was especially beautiful in person! Thank you Sheila!

Java Jen's Creations said...

This is a gorgeous card!!! I love everything about it!! Just beautiful!!

Larelyn said...

Fantastic card - I think it's just gorgeous. Sheila, I love,love, love your new blog design, too.
Hugs,

Angi Barrs said...

Super adorable. Love daisies. :)

SugarGem said...

I just love your trifold cards. I made one here and posted a link to your blog thank you so much for sharing.Lenae :) http://sugargemscrafts.blogspot.com/2011/07/be-claws-i-love-you-my-thoughts-exactly.html

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Well I am going to have to go back and watch the first video... I always enjoy your videos.. you make it look so simple. AND i love the new look of your blog... hugs

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Gorgeous card Sheila! I think daisies are my favorite flower too! Gorgeous!
Hugs,
M

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [17 Jul 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Unknown said...

Cute card! I linked up my anniversary card!
craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

You are the Gypsy card queen!!! Love this card!!

Daynene said...

Love your card so cute. I love my Gypsy and don't know what I did with out it. TFS.

Anonymous said...

oh wow your cards are fabulous. I love them

Tracy said...

Stopping back by to say CONGRATS! Your card project was very popular on last week's T.G.I.F. Linky Party Ms. Sassy!!!! Woo Hoo…stop by and grab the Featured Me button for your post for blog. Hugs! Tracy
http://www.craftjunkietoo.com/2011/07/tgif-linky-party-18.html