July 25, 2011

Step Right Up

"The trumpets blow, the bugles play,
The circus is coming to town today!
With a big elephant and a jolly old clown,
A really live circus is coming to town!


With lions and tigers and monkeys, too,
It's hard to believe that it's really true!
The animals roar, and they chatter and scream;
It seems like a wonderful, magical dream."


Come one, come all! Step right up to see the amazing Cricut Circus Classroom! LOL! Hey guys! Aymee Gandy of 'A Scraphappy Southernbelle' here with you on this beautiful Monday to share a few scrappy projects. I guess you can already tell by the blog post title and the little poem that today's projects are all themed around the circus!

Let me back up a bit and give you the 411 on why I am creating circus themed projects. As many of you may already know, my mother teaches 5th grade at our local elementary school. Each year she decorates her room in a different theme for the kiddies. It is so cool to have a Mom who is a teacher because I always get to help her think up the theme and create a few little special projects to make her room unique. This year we decided on a circus theme and a room filled with bright, bold primary colors. So today I want to share with you a few of the things I have made for her room. I used my Cricut Expression, Gypsy, and Cricut cartridges for these projects.

First up. I have a 'Welcome' banner that will go over the doorway leading into the classroom. I used my Gypsy and the Cricut Lite 'Carousel' cartridge for this banner. Instead of the pennant style banner pieces that I usually go for, I went with the ticket shape that is on the cartridge for my banner pieces. We wanted the banner to look like a roll of tickets unrolling. The alpha's are also from the 'Carousel' cartridge and are so cute! They really scream circus fun to me. If you would like to see a bigger view, click on the picture below to make it bigger and then simply hit the back button to come back to this post. I know this banner may be a little tough to see. It's a rather long banner.
 Since this project will be displayed for a full school year, I used my Purple Cows Laminator to laminate each of the banner pieces and the letters to protect it.
 Isn't this red striped ribbon fabulous? It reminds me of the circus tent top. I found it at a local discount store called Surplus City. I only bought 1 yard and I'm kicking myself for not buying more. I went back this past weekend to get more and they were all sold out! Man oh man, you can bet next time I'll get more than a yard of a ribbon I like. You can never have enough ribbon! :)
 These next to projects can be used for the boy and girl restroom/hall pass. I laminated each of these as well. I used the Cricut Birthday Cakes cartridge for the clown, circus ring leader, and the alpha's. Here is the boys...
 And here is the girls...
 Next up, I altered this hand sanitizer for my Mom's desk. Her name is 'Carol' so I added that using alphabet sticker from American Crafts to personalize it a tad. I cut the circus tent out using the Cricut Birthday Cake cartridge.
 I added Stickles glitter glue in 'fruit punch' to the red part of the tent to help it stand out. All patterned paper on these projects is from Momenta.
 I added a decorative button to the top to jazz it up a tad.
 These next 2 projects are some I did a few weeks ago, but I wanted to share them with you guys here so you can see more of the things that will be in her classroom. I altered this little frame using patterned papers, clear layered stickers, and alphabet stickers from Momenta. The stickers on the glass are my Mom's initials. I was going for a monogrammed look on this one.
 I created this 'Circus Funhouse' gift box, which is filled with 10 circus themed note cards, using my Cricut, SCAL software, and files I purchased from SVGCuts.com. If you would like to see more pictures of the details on this project and the cards inside, go HERE to view them on my blog.
 The top of the house lifts off the gift box to reveal note cards. My Mom says she always needs cards to send out during the school year so I hope these will come in handy. I think she is going to put this on her desk to act as decoration as well.
I hope you have enjoyed today's post! Have a wonderful week and Happy Scrappin'!!!

13 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Oh, my, lions, tigers and bears OH MY!
How cute is this I just love the circus theme and the children must love all the fun around them! Aymee your attention to detail is amazing. I just love your project and thank you for sharing it with us today!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Aymee your work is truly amazing. Being a first grade teacher for 33 years I truly appreciate all you have done to jazz up your moms room and make it so fun. I can't even pick one thing I like the best it is all so aweesome, colorful and the kids and your mom are lucky to have you decorating for them. Great job!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

WOW! this is so adorable!! I LOVE the tags and the banner - ok, I love it all! Gorgeous and how fun to have a circus theme!!!
Hugs,
M

Anonymous said...

WOWZERS! FUN, FUN, FUN! Great projects! Love the circus theme and the colors are just perfect!

Unknown said...

VERY cute!
craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

Bunnyfreak said...

Very fun projects.

Bamabel said...

Thank you ladies! :)

CathyinMN said...

Love your projects! I'm sure your Mom's classroom kids will love them, too! TFS!

Granny said...

This is such an awesome project. I love the circus theme and I bet the children will love it! TFS

Anonymous said...

Your project is awesome, I am sure the children will love it too.
Sue

Java Jen's Creations said...

Your work is amazing!!! I just love the banner!!! Everything is just wonderful!! You're a great daughter! :-) Thanks for sharing!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Aymee, these are such cute projects!

Beth said...

I have been eyeing this cart for sometime now, and your project has pushed me over the edge. I love it, the colors, font, everything. Great Job