July 1, 2011

Gypsy Made Simple - Word Shape Cards


Good morning! I am joining you on Friday this week as our regularly scheduled designer Pam of the Bug Bytes is doing her yearly doctors exams this week so I am getting her spot! Yeah! I get to try a Friday and spend the entire weekend with you. This week we are trying another shape card... a word shape card, and you will love the possibilities and opportunities this will open for you. So go grab a cup of coffee and turn your Gypsy on and let's get to work cause I want to see what you come up with.
I will be giving you on the file on the two cards I am doing the tutorial on so you can use either or make something fresh to link up later.

Aren't these friendship cards just too cute? You will love how easy it is to make so let's do it.

You are going to find it is really easy to make this card. You will need to use your A2 template for this card. If you don't have one just go make 2 rectangles and make 1 4.25x5.50 and the other 4x5.25. Save it on your Gypsy that way and you will find it easier to make cards as you are not continually checking sizes as it will be in your Gypsy already.

This is what the design looks like when it is finished. I took this shot as I didn't show the cupcake on the base of the card on the two up in the video and want you to see it completed.  Note this is the completed file that you can download by clicking HERE. I did not cut the little sprinkles as I used stickles instead.

This is the first set of cards that I made and oh how I wished I had thought it out better as I would have flipped my design and this would have been the front of the card. They still turned out beautiful but I sure like the paper.
I used glitter on the word Smile. All I did was flip the word and ran it through my Xyron. Then I sprinkled it with my Martha Stewart Smokey Quartz glitter and shook off the excess. After that I put the work between 2 pieces of card stock and ran it through my cuttlebug using the A, B and C plate. This helped the glitter adhere to the word better.

This is the top of the cupcake. It is cut in a plain white card stock. Then I used the swirl folder for my cuttlebug and ran it through the machine. I then stickled each of the swirls and then used colored stickles for sprinkles and allowed it to dry completely before adhering it to the base of the cupcake.


Here is a quick video showing you how to put this great little card together. Hope you enjoy.


This is the last little video and it is of a card I sent my daughter and her family in Chicago as we won't be able to be with them on the 4th of July. I chuckled when I watched the video as I stated I was in my jammies and truth be told I was in my swim suit and cover as it just started raining when I went out to the pool and so I figured I could get the card made while I was waiting for the sun to come out again! Good news is as soon as I finished the sun did come out and I was able to have a little pool time all by myself just floating around. I love the summer! If you would like this file all you have to do is click HERE for your Gypsy file.

Now wasn't this a fun card? And you learned a new design too. This week I challenge you to make either one of these cards with the files I have provided or make your own Word Shaped Card and link it up so we can all see how beautiful your card turned out. I am always amazed that your cards always turn out nicer than mine! I want to thank all of you that have been linking up over the past couple of weeks, your projects have been amazing. And to those of you that have linked and do not have a blog I want to take a moment and personally send a special thank you to you!
Thank you for your sweet sweet word of encouragement. Your comments continue to inspire me to continue sharing with you.
signature

13 comments:

Donna Lee said...

Fantastic cards! Love the paper on the 1st one. I will try to make one tonight after work! Thanks for sharing!

Measha06 said...

Fab tutorial, ironed out a few wrinkles for me, thanks.

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards (once again)!! We will be at baseball all weekend....I might have to bring Gypsy Girl for inbetween games!!!

Teach4U said...

I love these cards. I hope to make one today.

Brenda

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Aren't these just the Cutest!!! I LOVe the little faces on those adorable cupcakes! Look at those sprinkles too!!! Great embossing! Gorgeous!
hugs,
M

Unknown said...

Soooo cute! Would have loved to join in the fun this weekend, but we are away on vacation! I'll try it when we get back, or design while the hubster is driving!!! Happy 4th!
craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [02 Jul 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card. I love it.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I have to come back later to watch your videos... I always enjoy them.. you are such a inspiration.

Jeannie said...

These are great! I hope to try on SUnday when I'll have a minute. Your directions are truly simple and I cannot wait to try one!

SherriC. said...

this is another GREAT tutorial Sheila!!!!
I can't wait to make one.....
TFS!!!

GabyCreates.com said...

Great tutorial and cards Sheila!! My Gypsy just went belly up! :( and can you believe that the craft room is not letting me weld the letters?... I can weld some but not all... hopefully ProvoCraft can help me with the electric power problem on my G or will have to buy another one this week. Thanks for all you share!

Bamabel said...

Wonderful! Love this tutorial! I'm working on designing my card now!