July 13, 2011

Mosaic on Chipboard

Hello, this is Beatriz from Amazing Grace. I apologize for being late today but had internet problems for over 24 hours. This is what I want to share with you today: how to make a mosaic on chipboard.

Step 1:
I chose  butterflies made out of chipboard.



Step 2:
Cut scraps of patterned papers into small pieces.



Step 3:
Brush chipboard with decoupage or something similar. I used glue & seal, it worked beautifully.


Step 4:
Arrange paper on chipboard until you are happy with it. Apply decoupage as a a glue and also as a sealer.
Brush a coat of decoupage over the entire mosaic and allow it to dry.


Step 5:
Then add a coat of crackled Accents or Glossy Accents and allow to dry.


Step 6:
Ink the edges. Voila! You have a beautiful mosaic butterfly.


Hope you enjoyed this project! Have a blessed and wonderful day!

19 comments:

MyCuriousCrafts said...

Awesome! I am so going to have to try this technique out. I am so glad that I found your blog and am following. You are amazingly talented. ~Shen

Unknown said...

Very pretty!! I love how it all just blends together once you ink the edges!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Bea this is just wonderful. I love this and it can be used with so many different shapes. Would look great on a layout too. Thanks for sharing with us today.

The Cropping Canuck said...

Bea, these are beautiful!

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

Those butterflies came out so pretty. Love the papers you used.

Dan and Heather said...

What an interesting technique. I will have to give this a try. TFS

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Bea, could you use decoupage with this also?
I have to try this just too awesome.

Java Jen's Creations said...

This is an awesome project!! I just love it! This would even be a great craft for kids! I'll be trying it for sure!!

Unknown said...

LOVE the colors!
craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

GabyCreates.com said...

Great technique and pretty project... I have done decoupage before but have to try this product! TFS

Sandy from Ukiah said...

AND what a beautiful butterfly... thanks for sharing

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Gorgeous idea!!! What a great thing to do with embellishments to match everything on a project!!! Gorgeous!
Hugs,
M

Sandi Clarkson said...

Awesome project Bea! Thanks for shring this with us!

Anonymous said...

good start

Anonymous said...

learned a lot

THEBUZYBUG said...

Very cute. TFS

Anonymous said...

So pretty! :-)

Audrey Frelx said...

Beatriz, of course, it's wonderful!!! You did it, and everything you do is great!!!

Stacy said...

This is awesome, thanks so much for sharing with us
Hugs
Stacy