July 30, 2011

Gypsy Made Simple- Altering A Card To Fit Standard Envelopes

Good morning! Today's project is super simple. First I want to say Thank You - Thank You to Ohhh Snap for the wonderful gift; the Botanicals Cart and the beautiful card she made from it.....
Well it presented the same problem that I have with most of the carts that have cards on it.... seems the cards are not designed for a standard envelope size! That is fine for when we are giving a card in person or it is in a gift bag or box, but it won't work for my needs. You see most of my family and friends are out of state and I need my cards to fit a standard envelope so it mails properly. That is what today's post is all about... a simple alteration to make a beautiful card from the cartridges that we purchase.
The above card is a birthday card and took only minutes to design. So turn your Gypsy on, grab a cup of coffee and follow along. Now if you don't have the Botanicals cart choose a card from another cart and let's get to work. Keep in mind that I am keeping it SUPER SIMPLE this week.
This card is the same design, different paper that I cut out the words Thank You. That also is from Botanicals.


Here is the quick  little video that will help you in any card situation. Just remember to line up your extra piece either by manually adjusting until the lines turn yellow or use x and y in the upper right hand corner to line up the position exactly.


This is a quick video showing how I put these cards together. I actually made 4 all together and was thrilled to add these beautiful cards to my stash.  Click HERE if you would like a copy of this file for your Gypsy.
I hope you enjoyed today's post and will make something on yours this week. I challenge you to link up ANY project that you make this week. Summer is almost over and we need to get ready for all the action that starts up in the fall. If you are anything like me your card file has dwindled over the summer months and you need to get it back to normal. I figure I make on an average 4 cards a month but I have been sending out about 7!!! It doesn't add up so I have doubled my efforts and am getting back into the swing of things.
Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments continue to inspire me to keep sharing with you.

9 comments:

papillon digital design said...

This is beautiful. Love the way you placed the flower to cut out the card. TFS

Cricut Couple said...

Very Cool! I will have to try this... I don't have the botanicals cart, but I am thinking of a cut with Cindy Loo that would be perfect for this design! Awesome!

gardener said...

Love having you back Sheila. I have not tried to resize a card in any cartridge so this may be a really goofy question. Could you unlink the height and width an just make the width what size you want? I know. It sounds way too simple.

Donna said...

Thanks so much Sheila, great cards, am so going to do this. I have a question, square cards cost around 20 cents extra to mail. Using this method how could we make it to fit an A2 envelope?? TFS

Donna C.
goCricutgo (CC)

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [31 Jul 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Carol said...

Great tip Sheila ... I already have this cart, and your special tip is really going to come in handy!

Hugz GF!
Carol

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh they are so beautiful Shelia.. I always enjoy watching your videos.. you always make it looks so easy. I have a hard time finding that glue. (I found it once now I can't remember where i saw it :-( I always have to take what I am putting down and re-arrange it. Just gorgeous. hugs

Ohhh Snap said...

I'm so glad you are loving the cart :D. Great videos and gorgeous cards!

Audrey Frelx said...

Sheila, I left a comment over at Pam's but I had to tell you here too how much I love this card! You did an excellent job on the detail and putting it together. You have a great talent, my friend!