July 21, 2011

Strawberry Box - Cricut Flower Shoppe

Hi! this is Gaby from http://www.gabycreates.com/ wishing you a happy Thursday
Today I created a Strawberry Box to mimic the Sizzix Big Shot Pro Strawberry Box Die.
I came across this die a few days ago and thought what a great idea it would be to make some of these cute boxes to put candy and give out this coming Sunday at my niece's 9th B-day celebration... but (there's always a but), at $59.99 plus shipping and time of arrival, it would have not serve the purpose intended.  So I set out to see if  any of the flower Cricut cartridges I own would have something similar without me having to design the whole thing.  The first cartridge booklet I opened! there it was!...

... and this is how I made it using the Flower Shoppe Cricut cartridge:
 1-Cut flower Mum2 pg. 21 at 12.42" h
 2-Fold in half and score
 3-Repeat #2 three times (only 3 possible ways to score in half)
 4-Cut down one of the petals from the valley to the center of the flower
 5-Cut on the other side of same petal leaving a piece as a tab to adhere in next step
6-Adhere tacky tape to tab and adhere together to adjacent petal
7-Punch holes on tip of each petal
 8-Thread desired ribbon or string (I tried the pink side, but decided for the red)

 9-Tie together

10-Cut topper Sunflower4 pg. 17 at 5"  (now that I look at it, I think I will cut at 4" next time)

11-Emboss with desired  folder (if desired)
12-Ink and add Shimmer (if desired)
 13-Embellished as desired (after looking at it some more, next time I will add larger embellishments)


Not bad for my first try! (if I might say so...)
 Hope you enjoyed!
Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment! ... and continue to enjoy your Summer!!

24 comments:

The Country Life said...

OMG!! One more reason to LOVE this cart!! So creative!! TFS!! :)

Kay's Krafts said...

That strawberry box is sooooo cute!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This box is just too cute! Love the look and the detail that you did with the embossing. What a great tutorial... I have to make this I just love unique boxes. What a great little box for that 'special' gift. Thanks for sharing with us today.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Um...this is fantastic!!! Gaby - I LOVE it! What a GREAT idea!! Thanks for sharing and for the fabulous tutorial!!! Wow I love it!
Hugs,
M

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness is this adorable. I just love this little box. I have to make one! Thanks
Sue

Dan and Heather said...

Look at this adorable box. It is just the cutest little thing. TFS

Anonymous said...

What a cute little box! Great colors and love the swirl on the leaves.

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty. I really like this design and now I don't have to buy Sizzix. Thanks

Granny said...

What a unique idea. Love the box.

Anonymous said...

Love this! Very pretty! TFS the tutorial :-)

Adrian said...

Wow, Gaby! You did an awesome job!

Jodie R said...

Adorable!!!! I can't believe you did this on the cricut!! I mean the cricut can do amazing things, but you were really thinking outside the box! The Flower Shoppe is my new favorite cart and you just made it even more so!! Thank you for sharing this!

gardener said...

Love your innovative mind to think a flower could become a gift box. Great job.

Jo said...

Awesome tutorial ... thanks!!

Jo xx

SherriC. said...

OH MY GOSH Gaby....this is fabulous!!!!
you did a great job....
thank you so much for sharing

Java Jen's Creations said...

Love this little box!!! You did such a great tutorial!! I'm going to give this a try for sure!!

Unknown said...

LOVE it!! You are just so creative! I love that I have this cart, too! Will have to try this!
craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

Daynene said...

Love the box, too cute and looks really simple. TFS, going to have to try this one out.

mimiof2 said...

This box is adorable. Also, thanks so much for sharing the tutorial with us.
Karen

Angi Barrs said...

EEEK...this is super adorable. :)

Audrey Frelx said...

Cute-cute-cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely box! I am wondering how you got this to be a whole cut without the circle cut out in the centre. The cart doesnt have that function to black it out.

Carlene

Anonymous said...

This is a great tutorial- I have this cart and was wondering-- What did you do in order to cut "mum2" without the circle cut out? Thanks

Anonymous said...

Love this idea...my daughter and jumped right in and made the box! We too were wondering how to cut the flower without the hole in center! Thanks for any info!