July 9, 2011

Love You A Latte

Good Day! This is such an easy little card you will all want to add this to your card stash. Many people in my family live away from us so I am alwasys looking for little cards that remind them of just how much I love them and miss them.... this card is perfect for that. I chose a subtle color for the base of the card from Kand Company and used scraps from a layout for the pot. And as usual I doubled the card up as I don't like to make just one card. This way I can use one to send now and one for when the occassion arises later.

This quick little video of the making of designing of the Love You A Latte card. I started with just a simple rectangle and frame that is welded together that is an A2 size when cut. (8.50x11.00) I keep this save as A2 Window so that when I need a quick card all I need to do is fill in the inside of the card, weld, cut and assemble for a quick easy card.

This is what my Gypsy screen looks like. I make the base and then just double each of the components so in just 1 cut I have two cards. Be sure to score your cards as this is a large window and you don't want to compromise the strength of this card.

I used distress ink on all my edges and went a little darker than usual as I wanted it to match the distressed look of the base paper I chose.

 Even the pot is inked so it has a uniform look as you can see from this close up.

Now isn't this a great little card? Click HERE if you would like to download it for your Gypsy too.
I hope you enjoyed today's design and try a window card of your very own. Today I challenge you to link up ANY PROJECT you made this week with your Gypsy, be it a card, layout or a craft item. Let's see what you did to keep those creative juices going.
Thank you for joining me here today and remember to click the little tabs just below my banner and you can find almost anything you want. There are plenty of Gypsy files and projects to encourage you along the way. Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your coments inspire me to continue sharing with you.

16 comments:

Teach4U said...

Another fabulous card. I really enjoy your videos, thank you for sharing. By the way your blog is wonderful. It is eye appealing and easy to navigate. Have a wonderful weekend.

Brenda

Bamabel said...

This is just too cute! I love anything that is coffee/latte' themed! Another hit!

Well, I didn't scrap too much this week. But this past Friday I used my Gypsy to make a banner. I also used it on last week's GMS. I need to pull out my Gypsy and design some more. :)

Sandy from Ukiah said...

So cute Shelia... I haven't scrapped the last few days, I have been keeping highways hot.. running back and froth to Santa Rosa and Rocklin and back home... You are such an inspiration, you always make everything look so easy. hugs

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Wonderful card and you know I love my latte's!!!!
Hugs,
M

Granny said...

What a cute little card this is. I love my Latte! And look at the other designs I really like the hat. TFS

Stacy said...

Sheila,
This is such a cute card, I love it!
Great job as always
Hugs
Stacy

Java Jen's Creations said...

LOVE this card!! (But, of course, it's about coffee!!) :-) Your videos are always such a treat!! I am still out of state but I'll try to get something posted!

Anonymous said...

Love your card! :-)

Cricut Couple said...

Oh Sheila, We love it "A Latte". Hee! Hee! Sorry... Couldn't resist. It's amazing!!!

Unknown said...

Love this card!
craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [10 Jul 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Pat Bowman said...

Hi Sheila - I've been following you for about a month now and soaking up all the wonderful Gypsy tutorials you share with us. I just linked up a card that I made following your partial shape tutorial. Love, the new blog makeover, too!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

So sorry I can't play this week as my Gypsy had to be returned to PC. :)
Great projects everyone is posting.

Holly Gagnon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daynene said...

Took me quite awhile to get use to my Gypsy. Now I can't even imagine not using it. I love being able to weld, make all layers the same size, create new designs. I made mine using my Gypsy being able to size and layer using the Gypsy makes it so nice making cards and with more details. Thanks for the challenge.

Stephanie said...

The video tutorials you post are so helpful! Thanks.

I think your designers are fabulous and come up with adorable ideas!

I left you some awards on my blog if you have time stop on over and pick them up.

Stephanie
onceuponapaper.blogspot.com