July 10, 2011

Come Near

Hello, I sure hope you are having a blessed day! I am so excited to share this with you today. I was visiting Dee's Bugaboo Boutique and she offers these wonderful digital stamps free. I don't know about you but I am always looking for items that I can make cards from.... especially those that will encourage others! And Dee's will certainly do that! Each Tuesday she offers a FREE digital stamp and they are WONDERFUL!

Recently I was making a card and ruined the cut as I placed this yummy glitter paper faced down on my Cricut mat. Needless to say it didn't cut properly as it would not adhere to the mat. Fortunately I was able to salvage enough paper to make this beautiful card. This is a Z shaped card. All you need to do is;
  1. Cut your 8.5x11 into a 4.25x11.
  2. Score at 2.75 and 5.50 inches.
  3. Then trim paper to line as shown; 4 - 2x2.5 inch and 2 - 4x5.25 and adhere as shown above. Note I did both sides of the paper.
  4. Be sure to print your digital art to the size you like and then back it with matching paper to the base of the card so it contrasts with the lining that you are adhering it to. That simple and it leaves a small area that you can add a message to.
  5. Note you may want to color some of the art as I did. It is a great way to match up your papers.

 See how it forms an S. These are great little cards and so easy to don't you don't even need your Cricut.
 As you can see I covered the font and back of my card and it looks great.
 Now wasn't that easy? Now all you need to do is go over to Dee's Bugaboo Boutique and get your free digital stamp to make your card. Be sure to tell her that Sheila the Sassy Lady sent you!! and send her my best..
Thank you for joining me today and for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your coments continue to inspire me to share with you. Have a great day!

8 comments:

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

I love Dee's work too. Thanks for sharing her blog with everyone and I love the card you made.

Tracy said...

Thanks for sharing Sheila -- I saw a couple of cards that Mary from Cardz TV made with these stamps as well -- I must go check out Ms. Dee too. Definitely LOVE the messages she is sharing and thank YOU for sharing as well sweet lady. :)
Tracy

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a beautiful card Shelia.. glad you were able to salvage it... I will have to check out the link.. hugs

Bamabel said...

What an adorable card!

Stacy said...

Sheila,
Your card turned out great, I love that saying and the papers you chose are so pretty
Thanks for sharing
Hugs
Stacy

CathyinMN said...

Sheila, that is a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing the instructions on how to make them.

Charlotte said...

I love the new look of your blog. It is fabulous.
This is such a pretty card. I love those digital stamps and this one is wonderful.. The colors you chose for the card are wonderful.
Charlotte

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Beautiful Sheila!!! Love the colors and what an amazing stamp!
Love the papers too - he he
Hugs,
M