March 13, 2012

Altered Bezel Bracelet

Hi everyone! This is Elizabeth from 217 Creations! Today I am sharing an easy gift idea!. You are going to be surprised how easy it was.
I used red line tape or Terrifically Tack Tape, Judi Kins DG3 Art Gel, an empty bezel bracelet from Hobby Lobby, small patterned papers, and sharp scissors. I made two of these bracelets as gifts.
 I started by using these smaller patterned papers from Graphic 45.  Using a pattern with a square or rectangle makes it easy to cut for the bezels.
 I found the bezels are not consistent in size so I had to trim and retrim a few times.  But once I got the hang of it it went fast.  After trimming, I placed a small strip of red line tape on the back of the paper square.  I pressed it into the bezel.
Then using Judy Kins DG3 Art Gel, I filled each well.
Here is the vintage fruit bracelet.
This is the fairy bracelet.
It does take overnight for the gel to dry, depending on humidity. It was a bit hard to photograph through the shine on the gel once it was dried.  This gel is easier than most epoxy kits and it can be layered between drying times.  As always thank you for taking the time to comment and following us here at She's A Sassy Lady and on my personal blog at 217 Creations!

11 comments:

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Wow! Thank you for this great bracelet tutorial! Easy and beautiful! Great combination!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Gorgeous bracelet Elizabeth!!

CathyinMN said...

Your bracelets are beautiful -- I would have never guessed they were homemade. Thanks for the tutorial. I will definitely have to try this.

Lisa said...

Beautiful bracelets. Great gift ideas. Thank you for sharing.

papillon digital design said...

It turned out so beautiful. Have to give it a try sometime. TFS

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Elizabeth these bracelets are awesome.... so unique! Love the tutorial. Thanks ofr sharing with us today.

Bunnyfreak said...

Is the gel similar to Glossy Accents? I love the bracelet.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome project:)

mfc.melissamade2 said...

OH my - GORGEOUS!!! Love this Elizabeth!
hugs,
M

Hrvatica said...

Beautiful bracelets. Thanks for the tutorial.

Java Jen's Creations said...

These bracelets are just beautiful!! Wow!! It's just so great that something this gorgeous can be so easy!! Thanks so much for sharing!!