March 20, 2012

There's no bunny like you...

Hi everyone! This is Kristy from craftin-on-my-door and I want to thank Sheila for allowing my to be her guest designer again today! I look forward to my monthly She's a Sassy Lady posts!
With Easter just around the corner I thought it would be fun to make a spring like project! I have a super sweet friend that spoiled me rotten over the weekend, and I needed to make her a thank you card. I found a cute bunny idea using punches at the Papered Cottage, and I have the perfect set of stamps from My Creative Time to add to the card! Here's what I came up with:
Here are the papers that I started with:
 And here are the punches...
 Punch a large heart and a small heart
 Cut the hearts in half and use your scissors to curve off the top inside half of the heart. Below the one on the left has been cut.
 I didn't like the black in the pattern paper so I switched it to a light silver paper. ;)
 Using the Give a Hoot cartridge and the fit to length feature I cut a grass border at 4 1/4.
The card was cut at 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.  Then, I laid out my papers and stamped the sentiment, "There's no bunny like you!"
 The cloud paper was cut at 4 1/4 x 4 1/2, and then I tied some hot pink twine around the bottom of the card.
 I used a couple of glue dots to attach the grass border, glued the larger circle down, and popped the smaller circle up with foam tape.
 I then decided that the cute little bunny need a face so I took it off the card and added some fun brads. Lastly, I added the sparkly silver pom pom for the bunny's little tail and rounded the bottom corners of the card with my corner chompers!
 Now, I just need to write my many thank yous inside and mail it off to my friend!



I hope this inspired you to pull out your punches and create a fun card! Thanks for stopping by today!  ♥Kristy

9 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What an adorable card! Great spring colors. And look at his little tail! Love it. Great tutorial and it jsut goes to show you that you can make awesome things without a cutting machine. Thanks for sharing with us today.

Angi Barrs said...

Awwww...love that little heart nose.

Barb Smith said...

Truly a great card. Love the tiny flowers in the border and the bunny's face. It's amazing what you can do when you think about things - what a great idea on how to make the bunny ears. Great job!

Barb from Toronto, Canada

2 Ducky said...

Super cute!

Anonymous said...

What a super cute card!

Brenda said...

sooooo adorable!!!!
hugs
Brenda

Cricut Couple said...

This is so cute! Love it!

Jeannie said...

So, so cute! The tail makes me smile! I know a 2 year old who would love to touch that one! Great idea! TFS.

Sherrie K. said...

Great job-super cute bunny and love the sentiment!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com