March 28, 2012

Happy Spring




Hi everyone, Beth here from Thunderbirdlindybydesign.  Today I wanted to share with you a festive spring sign made with Art Philosophy, Kates Abc's, and MS seasonal Cakes.  I also used a new Graphic45 paper stack, called Little Darlings.  I love this paper and didn't want to cut into it.  I also used my Gypsy, but you don't need one for the project.

I started with Art Philosophy and chose the Oval5 Banner sized to 8.18" on my Gypsy.  I cut one out of chipboard and one from patterned cardstock.



I cut several 12x1", or 12x1.5" strips of patterned paper and made rosettes out of them.  I glued them in a pleasing pattern on the Oval 5 cut.  Leave enough room for the Happy Spring and the girl with bunny.  After these were attached,  I glued buttons on top. 

From Kates Abc's I cut the Girl 4 with all of her layers at 3.68".  I glued her offset from the middle of the banner.  I cut Happy Spring from MS Seasonal Cake at 2.29".

Here is the finished plaque.  I inked the edges slightly on some of the cuts.



Thanks Sheila for having me as a guest designer,  Beth.
Post a Comment