March 28, 2012

Happy Spring




Hi everyone, Beth here from Thunderbirdlindybydesign.  Today I wanted to share with you a festive spring sign made with Art Philosophy, Kates Abc's, and MS seasonal Cakes.  I also used a new Graphic45 paper stack, called Little Darlings.  I love this paper and didn't want to cut into it.  I also used my Gypsy, but you don't need one for the project.

I started with Art Philosophy and chose the Oval5 Banner sized to 8.18" on my Gypsy.  I cut one out of chipboard and one from patterned cardstock.



I cut several 12x1", or 12x1.5" strips of patterned paper and made rosettes out of them.  I glued them in a pleasing pattern on the Oval 5 cut.  Leave enough room for the Happy Spring and the girl with bunny.  After these were attached,  I glued buttons on top. 

From Kates Abc's I cut the Girl 4 with all of her layers at 3.68".  I glued her offset from the middle of the banner.  I cut Happy Spring from MS Seasonal Cake at 2.29".

Here is the finished plaque.  I inked the edges slightly on some of the cuts.



Thanks Sheila for having me as a guest designer,  Beth.

12 comments:

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Beautiful work! Love the rosettes!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a beautiful hanging. I love the colors and the rosettes are just awesome. Thanks for sharing with us today.

Lisa said...

WOW, that is beautiful, love the rosettes. Great job.

Barb Smith said...

What a fabulous project. Love the whimsy. Great job!

Barb from Toronto, Canada

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is beautiful!!! I love the little girl!

Migdalia said...

Beautiful!Love it!

Cricut Couple said...

This is AWESOME! I love how you used so many different patterns on the rosettes! This is amazing!

Java Jen's Creations said...

Your project is so beautiful and festive!! You are so talented! Thanks for sharing!!

GabyCreates.com said...

Such a pretty project! I too love all the rosettes and Kate's ABC's is one of my favorites if not the most favorite!

Anonymous said...

Super fun project!

Gramjak said...

AH, spring! Certainly makes us have hope for the future when things are fresh and green. This Home Decor is FABuLOUS as it captures the essence of what spring means!!!

Rosie said...

beautiful card, love the rosettes


rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com