March 7, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Treat Box


Hello scrappers, this is Kate from Sassy and Scrappy. I'm so happy to be back here with all of you today! I racked my brain for something creative and new to share with you, but it just didn't come together. I know you can all understand how that goes.

I am loving the 3-D boxes available in the Silhouette store, they are so easy to put together (no score board necessary!) and they are only 99 cents, can't beat that combo. So, I put together a little St. Patty's Day treat box.


Above is the box exactly as it came off my cutting mat. I also cut several shamrocks (also from the Silhouette store).


I decided to use a background stamp and embossing folder to spice my shamrocks up a little.


After stamping and embossing I added a little more embellishment to the shamrocks with buttons, brads and twine.


Generally when I cut boxes from the Silhouette I don't have to worry about covering up all the score marks because they're usually very small, but for this project I did decide to ink the edges. I like the added dimension and pop of color it provides. Obviously this is personal preference.


And the finished project...quick and simple!


Details:
  • Cardstock: Papertrey Ink-New Leaf and Stamper's Select White
  • Ink: Jenni Bowlin 'Seed Packet'
  • Buttons: Maya Road (wood) and October Afternoon
  • Brads: My Mind's Eye and Basic Grey
  • Twine: The Twinery
  • Stamp: Hero Arts 'Zig Zag'
  • Cuttlebug Embossing Folder 'Polka Dots'
  • White Seam Binding
  • Label Stickers: Authentique and October Afternoon

Thanks for joining me today! I'm working on getting my crafting mojo back so I hope to see you soon. Have a great day.

16 comments:

mani said...

All the things are really creative, you have a great idea in mind.
scratch cards printing
Discount Cards
scratch Card

Altax said...

Looks great!!! Thanks for sharing.

Saint Patrick’s Day

tt.scraps said...

Love it, Love it, Love it!!!
Great job!
Enjoy today,
Tammy

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is adorable! Love the bright colors and the extra stamping really made it stand out. Thanks for sharing with us today.

Audrey Frelx said...

Kate, this box is just adorable!

Anonymous said...

Very fun! And I always enjoy seeing stamping projects...thanks for sharing this!

~Leah

Lisa said...

Awesome box, love the shamrocks, buttons and ribbon.

Cathie Rigby said...

What an adorable box...great idea and oh so creative! TFS Cathie
www.creativecutterroom.com

Migdalia said...

What a Super Cute box!Love it!Love the idea of inking the edges.TFS

mfc.melissamade2 said...

I love this little box! Great idea Kate and the stamps you used on those shamrocks are so adorable - love the chevron!
hugs,
Melissa

Cricut Couple said...

Kate, this is SO COOL! I just love this!!!

Java Jen's Creations said...

What an adorable and festive box!! Love it!!

Audrey Godere -Dickinson said...

I love it... I love the box and the shamrocks... I just got my cameo and haven't had a chance to really sit down and play with it yet... but this makes me what to go and get it and start play thank you for sharing... happy creating...

Sherrie K. said...

Cute little box! Love how you decorated it so cute! TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Michele said...

Love it! So cute and fun! You are so talented!

GabyCreates.com said...

Great box and love love the added stamping to the embellishments!!