March 21, 2012

A Woman's Tool Box


Isn't this just too cute? This is one of those wooden tool boxes that I have had for about 15 years filled with pens and pencils and looking very grungy. Well with the new re-do on the scraproom it was time to freshen some of it's contents.


Hubby did the spray painting as I didn't want to take the chance of getting any pink paint on our red bricks! Figured if anyone was to do that I would let him take the blame. TeeHee
We wnet to Ace and this was the ONLY pink paint in the store so that is what we used, and it turned out great. Because the original box was navy blue it did take a couple of coats.
When it was dry all I did was take a white and a pink piece of tulle and tie it around the box, and trimmed it up.
I then added the paper flower that I made in Dallas last year from the Theresa Collins make and take and it was perfect for this project I adhered it with foam tape.
This is what it looks like finished, isn't it beautiful? I just love it. And it is great for holding all those items that you want right at your finger tips.

VI

I thought you might want a closer look so here is a very quick video.


Well I sure hope you liked today's post. I know I am enjoying my room with all it's contents ready for scrapping. Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments inspire me to continue sharing with you. Have a blessed day.

16 comments:

Brenda said...

Love this idea and wish I had a small "tool" box like yours. Mine are all big ones that I use for different things in my house as well. Hummm, now I need to keep an eye out for a small one!! lol

Unknown said...

Oh Sheila!!! that is just adorable.
Everything is just too cute, your flower is amazing and makes the box oh so pretty...love it!!!
Hugs
Adele

Charlotte C said...

Such a cute idea. I think your "tool box" started out life as a holder for forks, spoons, knives and napkins for buffet service, because I have the same configuration in wire mesh, but what a great idea you've shared. I'll have to look for one of those. I use mugs to hold stuff, but this would be easier. Thank you, Sheila.

Brenda said...

ohhh I love love love this!!!!
hugs
Brenda

ClaireR said...

Great Idea! So useful :) I think I need one of these too. My tools are scattered all over the place.
TFS!
ClaireR
www.ThreeWatersCreations.com

Myrna said...

Sheila
Such a pretty feminine "tool box". Love it.
Myrna

Lisa said...

Very nice, love the color. So glad you are enjoying your new space.

papillon digital design said...

Wow love it. When are you coming to Houston and helping me? :)

Barb Smith said...

What a great gift for any female crafter. Love it.

Barb from Toronto, Canada

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Supah cute!!! Look at those blingy scissors...you are too Sassy!
Gorgeous,
hugs,
M

Cricut Couple said...

Wow Sheila! This is fantastic! Just look at those scissors! Those look like Audrey made them!!! So cute!!!

ScrappyHappyMommy said...

Wow, what a beautiful idea! Love the blinged up scissors. Reminds me of the Ruby slippers on Dorothy on the Wizard of Oz.

Hrvatica said...

Great project. I love it.

grammy deed said...

Very cute idea. Going to go to good will to find a box just like that to paint. Thanks for sharing

grammy deed said...

Great idea. Going to go find a box just like that and paint it. Thanks for sharing

Angi Barrs said...

EEEK...This is sooo fun & pretty!