March 2, 2012

Cup Cake ....

..Wrapper Flowers :)

Ahh my mouth watered there for a moment too when I said cup cake .
Hello - This is Pam fromPapillon Digital Designs & The Bug Bytes today as a designer on She's a Sassylady. Thanks Sheila for having me on in your lovely design team.
I had recently been to a scrap meet where we each added a few items to a goody bag. I made some flowers and one type was cupcake flowers. They are very simple to put together and make a lovely embellishment on a card.
Here are some



I have used 1 regular cupcake wrapper and 2 mini wrappers to make these flowers. You can use the white ones (2nd flower) and ink the edges or use decorative wrappers (1st one) to make the flowers.

Here are pictures of the various steps in the process.

I have used sharpie to show where to cut but you can eyeball and cut.
Fold the wrappers into quarters as they are easy to cut and saves you time too. Also you can cut the circumference to layer well



As you can see above I had to cut down the large one and 1 mini so that they can progressively stack together nicely



You have to cut the line almost to center. Do not cut completely or you will be left with strips


Since you have folded in quarters you have to cut the side (on one side you have to cut once and on the other twice in each slit as shown in the picture above and below)




Then cut the lines. You can leave it like that but I like to kind of round off the petals so








Opened up they look like this



After you cut all the 3 you can ink them if you want and then stack them and add a brad or decorative button to the center..

Here a simple and fast card I made with the flower. I have used ric rac, candi dots (brad like dots without the pin portion) and 1 small cake doily which I cut apart to use on front and the inside





Aren't they easy to make? Can't wait to see you make  and decorate them.
Thanks for reading this post and thank you sheila for having me here today.


post signature

11 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Oh so clever . will have to give these a try!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a unique little flower. Love the texture of it because of the natural folds. So simple and yet very striking, I will have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing with us today!

Audrey Frelx said...

Pam, these flowers are so pretty; I'll have to give these a try, they look easy!!! And I love your card -- it's beautiful! TFS!

Hugs!

Barb Smith said...

Very interesting and certainly great to re-purpose common items and using them for another use. Great job.

Barb from Toronto, Canada

momto8 said...

so easy and so nice!! love this idea!!
i am your newest follower of this blog..pls follow back if you can.

Brenda said...

oh my heavens how clever... thanks for sharing!
hugs
Brenda

Java Jen's Creations said...

Wow! What a beautiful idea and your project is gorgeous!!!

lovemypaper said...

super cute flowers!

papillon digital design said...

Thank you all for your kind words.

Cricut Couple said...

I have never seen this technique before! This is SO COOL!!!

GabyCreates.com said...

Very clever and pretty...will have to try! TFS!