March 16, 2012

I Chair-ish You

Well folks you are not going to believe what I am up to. My son had surgery yesterday so we have our grandsons Justin and Gavin here for the night. It has been so long since they have spent the night they were a little scared. I think a lot of that is they were worried about their Daddy. Well my scrap room is right next to our guest room so I am up here working quietly while they are hopefully going to fall asleep! While Gavin was stalling for stay up time, by having to run in the bathroom (just potty trained) I hurried and cut my card.

I didn't do anything fancy just grabbed Art Philosophy and made the card and lining to size maybe 2 minutes tops. Reached up and grabbed a couple of pieces of paper from the Florentine paper pack and I was ready to go. Have I told you yet I LOVE my new scrap room?
Just in time, Gavin is back in bed after a few what is that? why do you do that? why do you need a room just for you Grandma? and can I play too? So I thought okay perfect timing I have my cuts...

Now I will just ink the pieces. I used my little Sponge Daubers and Desert Sand Stamp Pad on all the edges of my card pieces as you can see above.

Then I adhered the piece of the card together and was really happy with these colors...
This is the inside of the card. As you can see there is plenty of space to write a little greeting.
After I finished that I took the left over paper and stamped the little chairs on the back of the paper I used for the card. Note I forgot to put the little backing under the paper and had to re stamp to get a clear line. I sure am learning step by step the hard way! LOL I used the Coco Ink Pad for the chairs on this paper and then I took the back of the other paper which was blue and stamped it with the Indian Corn Ink pad. Then I trimmed them out.
After trimming the chairs out I used Foam Tape and added the cushions on which added a lot of dimension.
See how I put the stamp foam under the card.... you do this to get a sharp stamped image.
Isn't this just as cute as can be? The chair just seems to pop off the card with the color variation and the Foam tape.
This is what the card looks like at an angle and a close up of the awesome paper.
In just a short time two cards were made and my two little charges were fast asleep. I just love having a craft room as I am able to work anytime and not just on Monday, my day off after the housework is done! Well I hope you like my little project and that I didn't bore you with my Grandma sitting! They are just too adorable and I love having my grandchildren around..
Thanks for joining me today and thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments inspire me to keep sharing.  Have a blessed day.

10 comments:

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

This is so cute Sheila. I love the way the chair pops. And no you didn't bore me with your grandkid stories. Hope your son recoops quickly.

Lisa said...

WOW Sheila, your card is gorgeous, love the colors and that chair is adorable. Love how you added the cushions. Cute story, not boring at all ;) Hope your son gets well soon.

Java Jen's Creations said...

I LOVE your cards!! Absolutely beautiful! Love the papers too and all of your wonderful detail!! I also LOVE hearing Grandma stories because I am just in the beginning stages of being one! :-) Nothin' like them grand babies!!!!

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

I love the cards! The papers are great and the chairs really pop. How fun to have your grandsons for a sleepover, although I hope your son gets well soon!

Raquelle Clifton said...

Whoa! This is awesome! I'm new to your blog, and i love you're card! Just amazing!

PinkE
Simply PinkE By Design
simplypinke.blogspot.com

Charlotte C said...

How nice to see YOU here, Sheila, and your lovely cards. I am so tempted to join CTMH just for the goodies, but my craft area runneth over already. Hope your son recups quickly - enjoy those grandchildren b/c they grow up too fast.

Charlotte C said...

Oh, I left a comment before I signed in. I'll have to check back to see if it's published or if I have to do it again. Duh me.

papillon digital design said...

Love love the card. That paper is truly gorgeous and your card is so so cute! Love the card design. TFS

Carolynne said...

Love the cards Sheila, like you I have my two wee gorgeous Grandsons tonight for a sleepover. The 1 year old,Aidan, went to bed so me and Owen,5 and 3/4, sat and did lots of crafting. Can't wait for the early rise tomorrow (NOT)

xx

Migdalia said...

where do I begin?
Love the colors, cardstock, the stamped image is so adorable.The Pop out chair is my favorite.You did an AMAZING job!