March 19, 2012

Creating a Copic Ink Cloud Background

Hi ya everyone!  This is Melissa from Melissa Made.  Today I'm sharing a simple airplane card I made using Copic Various Inks and Close To My Heart stamps that I purchased from Sheila.  Sheila is now a Close To My Heart representative and so I ordered my very first set from her to give them a go!  I really love the quality of these stamps.  Sometimes when you purchase clear polymer stamps the quality is poor and your stamped image comes out blurry or not complete.  I have to say these stamps are fabulous! 

I also use my Copic Various Inks in a spritz bottle to create a cloud background for this card.  Various Inks are fabulous for spritzing like this because they are alcohol based and dry quickly.  This is great because your papers won't crinkle or warp like water based inks.  I show you how in the following video!

Items used:
CTMH Summer Set - Splendid Day
Copic Various Inks - B000 and B0000
Spritz bottle
White paper - for background, card base and for cutting out cloud shapes
Cutter Bee Scissors
Designer Paper - My Mind's Eye - Happier
Black Ink - I used Versafine Onyx Black
Adhesive
 Thanks for watching today!  If you'd like more fun projects please visit Melissa Made.  Have questions?  Ask in the comments below!

5 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Melissa what a great little card. Love the copic technique you used... I didn't know you could do that. I am learning so many little Copic things from you. Thank you! Love the stamp set, I hadn't gotten that one but now it is a have to have one! You are such an enabler. Thanks for sharing with us today.... and great video.

papillon digital design said...

What a great great card and love the technique for the background. TFS

Migdalia said...

You did a Great job on the card!TFS

Barb Smith said...

Melissa did a fabulous job on the background. Wonderful result. TFS.

Barb from Toronto, Canada

Cricut Couple said...

This is just awesome! What a wonderful tutorial!!!