March 8, 2012

PLANNING AHEAD

Happy Thursday, everyone! Welcome to She's a Sassy Lady! Java Jen here from JAVA JEN CREATIONS.  Thank you, Sheila, for allowing me the privilege every month - I really look forward to this each time! :-)  Since my crafting workload has recently increased, I decided that I needed to make some embellishments and Cricut cuts ahead of time so that they are ready to go when I need them! (I just became a COOKING WITH CRICUT designer and got hired as a paper crafting instructor at Joann Fabrics!)

With that said, I decided to make good use of my Art Philosophy cartridge! I'm going to put in a plug for Sheila here and say that if you don't have a CTMH consultant and you don't have this cartridge........ BUY IT FROM HER NOW! :-)  Sorry to yell, but, seriously, this is one rockin' cartridge!! :-)

If you saw my post here last month, I cut a bunch of images and stamped them with Valentine sentiments and patterns.

There are so many CTMH stamp sets that coordinate with this awesome cartridge and it really takes "cricutting" to the next level!

I chose cuts that were marked on the stamp sets and filled them in with patterns from the Imagine cartridge called Vintage Papers.

I used the February Stamp of the Month for my first set of cuts.

The measurements to cut the images at, are right on the clear sheet the stamps are mounted on. I filled them in with prints from the Vintage Papers cartridge.  I just LOVE the variety of prints on this cartridge!





I love these prints so much that I decided not to stamp on all of them!






I think these are some of my favorite patterns:


Next, I used the November Stamp of the Month and a different ticket cut to make a set of the monthly tickets - ready to go for a future project.  


Here are a few more stamp sets that I will be using to make even more things ahead of time:




Finally, I threw together a quick card with a few of my embellishments just for fun! 

I hope this inspires you to take the time to create some embellishments, tags or cuts ahead of time so you can put something together quickly when you need to! I know that I plan to do a lot more of this for sure!
Thanks for stopping by today now go create something beautiful!!

11 comments:

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Wow - this is amazing...I didn't realize they would look so good with the cartridge! Beautiful job Jen! Love it!
Hugs,
Melissa

ClaireR said...

I love the card! Very sweet, love the colors.
I should plan ahead more often, because I have that cart and most of those stamps...
TFS!
Claire
www.threewaterwscreations.com

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Look at all those embellishments! Amazing that one cart could do so much! I just love mine and I think it is going to get a workout like yours has. Thank you so much for sharing with us today!

DIANA L. said...

OM Goodness, I am drooling this is awesome.

I love all this can do. You did a great job with it.
I'm just now getting around to the new Linky thing and have linky'd you, hope you will LInky me to.
.
Hugs DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Audrey Frelx said...

Jen, thank you so much for sharing your enthusiasm over these products; it's great motivation and incentive!!!

Migdalia said...

Great Job!!!Amazing!!!

Migdalia said...

Great Job!!!Amazing!!!

papillon digital design said...

wow! Love all the tags. Helps in planning ahead of time. TFS

Cricut Couple said...

Holy Cow! This is GENIUS!!!

GabyCreates.com said...

Great job Jen! love it when people mass produce! Such lovely creations!

Anonymous said...

Very cool!