March 12, 2012

Tags, Bags, Boxes & More - CD case!

Hello my crafty friends!  This is Kimberly (My Craft Spot), and I am so happy that it is my turn to share a fun project and a couple of videos with you!  I have been having so much fun with the new TBBM2 cartridge!  I love that it cuts and scores!  Today's project is the CD case.  This one is cut just the right size to hold a gift card - maybe to a favorite music store!


I cut this CD box at 9 inches from the Tags, Bags, Boxes & More 2 cartridge.  (Scroll down for a video showing how to cut and score with this cartridge and your cricut.)


This is what it looks like when it is open:



I inked everything with Walnut Distress Ink.


The stamped sentiment is from the Inside & Out stamp set #2.  I hand cut the tag and then tied the tag and button on with Vintage Chocolate Bakers Twine.


Here is a video showing how to cut and score this CD case with the Cricut:



Hint:  Be very careful not to bump the carriage when you are switching between your cutting and scoring 'blades'.  Also, It doesn't matter which you do first, the most important part is that you push the "Load Mat" button so that you start at the exact same location for each 'cut'.

Here is a video showing a quick overview of the TBBM2 cartridge:



 Come join the fun at My Craft Spot!  More videos, projects and weekly challenges with prizes!


Happy crafting!

11 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is wonderful. I love that this cart with the right tools scores the box. Love your CD case. Thanks for sharing with us today.

- - Sheryl - - said...

This was on my to "buy" listing.
I didn't know about the scoring option! THanks. I would have just used my Martha Stewart score board! I'll need to get the score blade too. thanks for sharing the quick vid!

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

I love your CD case! And now I have to get that cart. Thanks for sharing. -Tami

papillon digital design said...

I love your box. Love the vintage look. Lovely stamping. If I didnt have almost all the files in my silhouette I would have been tempted to get this cartridge too. Love the TBB 1 that I have. TFS

TheTulipCollector said...

I love this project. I have only cut a couple of things from TBBM2 but I am so excited to really use it more. It has such fun projects. You did a really nice job.

Migdalia said...

WOW!Love it!!!Just got the TBBM2 cart and I can't wait to play with it!!TFS

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Kimberly you always have fantastic projects and this is no exception! Gorgeous papers and what a fun little box! TFS!
Hugs,
M

Cricut Couple said...

What an amazing project! It's perfect!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this! TFS:)

Jana said...

So very cute! I love the paper. May I ask what it is? My son just moved to Hawaii and I love to make him something with it.

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Thanks! The paper I used is from Crate Paper.