March 14, 2012

Crafting While On The Phone

I have to tell you I am so enjoying my new craft room! It is so much fun to just be able to reach up grab a sheet of paper put it in the machine and just cut. I can't even express my excitement. Well yesterday afternoon I was exhausted from moving, organizing and carrying things up and down the stairs that I just plopped in the chair and called a my mother and then a friend. I don't have any files yet on my Gypsy Woman so I just pushed a button and cut some paper and played while my mouth was in gear.... right no surprise to you. teehee.

 I used my CTMH Art Philosophy Cart and just cut a bunch of flowers and then started stamping away. See how nicely they fit the matching cut. I have to admit it was a lot of fun as I am so new to stamping and it really offers a totally different look to what ever you create.
 It was cool how I had stamps of different sizes and designs that fit the same shape the cart offered. All I did was look at the size on the stamp sets and cut the shape to fit. I made plenty of multiples with my Gypsy Woman. Easy as can be. (Stamp sets used A Blossom A1121,  and Hooray Bouquet D1491.

I wasn't sure of what I wanted to do yet because I hadn't planned anything and the mouth was in gear about all the things happening in the family.... have to keep up with the family smut you know. Well I cut the colors opposite of what I wanted but of course didn't want to throw out good paper cuts so this card was salvaged from the mess I made. Oh I might add that I have two of the same cards as I always cut 2 up. The edges are inked Indian Corn Blue which really helps define the edges of the cut of the card. Because I cut the blue paper in the Pemberly paper packet wrong and wasn't going to waste the paper I just trimmed the sides with my Guillotine paper cutter.

I used a satin ribbon to offset the colors and then popped the flowers with some foam tape. All in all for chatting on the phone and the mistakes I made while jabbering the card turned out pretty well don't you think? I have to give the credit to that yummy blue Pemberly paper it is just awesome. If you are interested in any of the supplies used all you need to do is click HERE.
I hope you enjoyed today's post, I sure had fun creating it. Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comment inspire me to continue sharing with you.

5 comments:

Java Jen's Creations said...

Love your beautiful stamped images and your gorgeous card!!! This cartridge is so versatile!! So happy that you have a wonderful room to create in!! Enjoy!

Charlotte C said...

Glad to see you're enjoying your new craft room, and your card is lovely. I think I just bought that flower stamp from CTMH. Have to check when I get downstairs to my own crafty space.

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Crafting while on the phone...could that be a new challenge! LOL!!! You are amazing, my crafting friend! I am so happy about your new room, too! Have a wonderful day!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Wow...pretty card!! I love your stamped images! I love this cartridge too!
Great job and TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Ruth said...

LOL!! You crack me up!! just remember - no crafting while you drive!! you multi-tasker, you!!