March 12, 2012

New Scraproom Finished

I am so excited to share these photos with you of my new scrap room that my husband Jim made for me. Isn't it awesome? This is what you see when you walk in. This was his office and it is an 8'x8' space, just perfect for me and much bigger than my kitchen counter.
I came home from work Saturday and found hubby hard at work. This used to have a large desk against that wall that did not offer space to work on.
These are all the things that were either on or in the desk in the room prior to construction.
This is the opposite wall, he emptied the contents of his desk drawers on my JetMax cubes.... I just knew what I would be doing all day Sunday and into Monday. So forgive me if my Saturday project isn't that great... I know I will be out of energy after this!



Here is a little video showing you all around the room. I am so proud of my room... sure is a lot nicer than working out of a rolling cart and a big shoulder bag that lived in my dining room!!! Guess hubby got tired of looking at those bags.

This are just a few close up photos to give you a closer look of the left side of the shelving unit.
And this is the right side of the shelves. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new room and thank you for letting me share it with you today.
Thank you for joining me and for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments inspire me to continue sharing with you.

28 comments:

Dana said...

Congrats...that was really sweet of your hubby. (Hope you gave him a big kiss!). Looks great...good luck with it...Happy Crafting.
http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

Charlotte said...

Oh Sheila, how wonderful is this!!! Jim did a fabulous job creating your scraproom. I know you are going to have such a fun time making all those fabulous projects.

Charlotte

Cricut Couple said...

Wow Sheila! It looks fantastic! I am so glad that it came together so quickly. I know you needed to get your space back. It's BEAUTIFUL!!!

cricaholic said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! So HAPPY for you!!! GREAT CRAFTROOM!!SUPER NICE HUBBY TOO!!!LOL...TFS

Candy said...

Yeah! Congrats on the new scrap room Sheila! It looks fantastic. What a sweet hubby you have!
Candy

Java Jen's Creations said...

What a sweet hubby you have!! Your room is awesome!!! Having your own space will make your creativity soar!! So happy for you!

Charlotte C said...

How wonderful for you! Enjoy your new craft room and we'll all enjoy your creativity that will flow from it.

Carolyn/MamaC said...

What a wonderful place to create! Congrats on the new space!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Debby said...

Oh Sheila, your room is WONDERFUL!! I love everything about it. Congratulations!

Debby said...

Oh Sheila, your new room is wonderful!. What a great, supportive hubby you have. Congratulations!

The Cropping Canuck said...

What a great room! Congrats.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! YOu have a wonderful hubby :-) And a fabulous space to work in. Lucky girl!

Lisa said...

AW how nice of your hubby to do that for you. It looks beautiful.

papillon digital design said...

It looks so so lovely. How lovely of your hubby to help you set it up.

Bunnyfreak said...

Tell your hubby we think he rocks. What a nice surprise for you.

Unknown said...

FABULOUS! I bet you are sooooo excited! There's nothing like having a place to call your own, to craft!!!! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! It looks awesome:)

Barb Smith said...

Wow. What a fabulous craft room. How wonderful that your hubby created it for you. I love my craft room so much, I eventually moved in a leather love seat and TV. I love my girl cave!

Barb from Toronto, Canada

SouthernMrs said...

Hi Sheila,
Congratulations on your new craft room! Oh, it looks so nice and clean! Give your hubby a great big hug for giving you your own space. I know I love mine too!
Take care,
Charlene

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

Love your new space. You have lots of workspace and storage. It's perfect. You've inspired me to go home and get my area cleaned up.
Cindy

Cindy said...

Oh, I love your new space!! Enjoy it! Thanks so much for sharing!

Tonda said...

I love love your new craft room. Your Hubby did a wonderful job!! I love how organized you are. Thanks for telling us about the special ink pad that we need to use with the copics. I had never heard that before.I also noticed that you have several Longaberger baskets. I am a lover of them!! lol Thanks for sharing!!

Beth said...

Congrats on your room, give your hubby a big ole hug!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new play room...I'm so happy for you! You've got it organized so nicely, fully stocked, its wonderful...TFS!

Carol
aka cyimbugbitten

Brenda said...

Congrats on such a fabulous room!! What a DH you have!! I love your room and how organized it is, I think you will have a pleasant time crafting in there!!

Krafthead said...

Beautiful space! I am in the process of redoing my room. I hope to have it done in a few more days. How exciting for you :)

chris said...

What a wonderful space for you! Thank you for posting this - you sound So happy! :-)

Debbie O'Neal said...

doing a little happy dance with you in celebration of your new scrappy space !