March 26, 2012

Under The Boardwalk, Down By The Sea...

 Hey there y'all! Aymee Gandy of 'A Scraphappy Southernbelle' here with you today. I hope all of you are having a grand day so far!

I don't know about you, but have you ever had one of those days when you sit and stare at blank paper in your scrapbooking room? This happened to me a few weeks ago when I created this project. I had been on a big sewing kick, working every single day, scrapbooking from dawn until dusk and all creative mojo was at rock bottom. So I started to dig through my Momenta supplies and kept going back to their flourish stickers. I just love their flourish stickers and all of a sudden an idea that I had seen a while back hit me...to use the flourish stickers as 'sea weed.' I had seen this idea from the talented Erin Morehouse. I have had the privilege to design with Erin on a couple of DT's and she is amazing! Her work always speaks to me. Check out her fish project HERE. I wanted to make sure I gave her proper credit for scraplifting her sea weed idea. Thanks Erin for the inspiration! You rock girlfriend!
Here is the card that I created...

"Hi"

Cardstock, Patterned Paper, Stickers-Momenta
Crinkle Ribbon, Stamp: My Craft Spot
Rhinestones: Michael's
Ink: Stampin' Up!
Oval Cutter: Creative Memories
Electronic Cutter: Cricut Expression (Provo Craft)
Software: Cricut Gypsy
Cartridges: Create A Critter, Life Is A Beach
Adhesive: Helmar, ZIG Memory System

This card is in the shape of a fish bowl. The fish bowl is from the 'Create A Critter' Cricut cartridge. I used my Gypsy to weld the 'shadow' fishbowl to create the card. I then added some layers. Last, I added stickers to finish off the card.
 Aren't these puffy stickers so cute? I love them! They make me smile!
I bunched up crinkle ribbon from My Craft Spot to create the 'sand' in my fish bowl.
 More dimension...
 For the inside of the card, I cut the word 'friends' out using the "Life's A Beach" cartridge and I stamped my sentiment using a stamp from My Craft Spot.
I hope you have enjoyed this project! Thanks for visiting us today at the Sassy blog! We hope to see you again soon! Happy Scrappin'!!!

11 comments:

Angi Barrs said...

This is sooo clever and creative.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Aymee this card is just adorable. I love the look and the funny thing is I wasn't sure how to use this cut to make it cute.... now look at you making it a must have! Thanks so much for sharing with us today.

Lisa said...

Very cute card, love the puffy stickers, so cheerful and colorful.

Migdalia said...

Hi Aymee.Love it!!I have try this welding thing on my Gypsy.I have been dying to try it.Love your card,it's Amazing.Your version is Terrific!!!Great job!Oh!What camera do you use so that your pictures come out so clear?Oh!I just won the Create a Critter cart and can't wait to play with it!TFS.


http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com
Mrodriguez860@hotmail.com

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a fun fun card, very creative

Bamabel said...

Thanks everyone for your kind comments!

I use a Canon Rebel XS for my photos. I got it about 2 years ago for Christmas and LOVE it! I also use Adobe Photoshop to edit photos.

Unknown said...

This is stunning!!!!

Java Jen's Creations said...

Your card is soooo cute! What a wonderful idea!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

This is so adorable!

Bunnyfreak said...

Love it. I am going to have to make one of these.

Unknown said...

oh my goodness! This is so adorable!! I wish I had the Create a Critter cartridge just to be able to make one of these!!
hugs,
Michelle
http://wanderingscissors.blogspot.com