March 27, 2012

Vinyl License Plate

Hi everyone
~Happy Tuesday To You~
I figured since I am a grand-mom now I should happily flaunt it right? So, I thought I would decorate a license plate frame for the front of my truck.
I used the Cricut Gypsy along with Cricut E2 for this project. The lettering came from the super cute Cricut Nursery Rhymes cart and the hearts are from Accent Essentials.


The first thing I did was measure the plate so I knew how much room I had for my design to fit.


Then I chose my lettering. I used a new layer to add the lettering and the hearts. Once I selected them, I made sure they were centered and looked how I wanted.


For the cutting I used the setting 3, 3, 3. That is a kiss cut for vinyl. If you don't have vinyl you can also use contact paper, it works just as well and a lot cheaper :)
I took it off the mat using the transfer tape and applied to the frame. Once that was finished I headed outside with excitement to attach it the front of my truck.


I think it turned out super cute. Not sure about the Grandma part though. I think I want to be called Nana. The hubby and I are still trying to decide. Hope you give this a try, it is really easy and makes a great gift.
Hugs to all
Stacy
aka ~ lovethatbug

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous job, love your License plate!! Was wondering where you picked up the plate to decorate?
Cindylu

Lisa said...

Congratulations. What a Fantastic Idea. Great job.

Bunnyfreak said...

I loved the fact that my grandma had a special name (Grammie). I think you should go with Nana.

Barb Smith said...

Great project and why not flaunt it. I am a GM to my 19 year old grandson. Love him to bits. He lives with us and instead of calling me his gramma, he refers to me as his General Manager! It's our little joke.

Barb from Toronto, Canada

Anonymous said...

Super cute! I love it!

papillon digital design said...

Gret and sweet project .TFS

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Well this is just as cute as can be but really I thought I held that title! LOL, all kidding aside is is wonderful and ALL grandma's are the WORLD'S BEST according to their grandchildren! Thanks for sharing with us today.

Java Jen's Creations said...

LOVE this project!!! I agree with Sheila - all of us Grandmas are the best to our grandchildren, as we should be!! :-) Thanks so much for sharing this!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a cute idea... love it.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Oh my gosh super cute!! Love it!
Hugs,
M

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Congrats on being a Grandma! You did a super job on the license plate!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Migdalia said...

Super Cute Idea!TFS!

Unknown said...

Great job! I was also wondering where you found a plate to decorate.