March 17, 2012

Gypsy Made Simple - Simple Window Card

Good Morning! I am back with Gypsy Made Simple, as I am heeding your emailed suggestions to bring it back! So today we are going to do just a simple window card that has only 1 weld and as time progresses we will get to more difficult ones. Each week I will challenge you with a Gypsy project.
If there is something in particular you want to do email me as I am always looking for new ideas on ways that I can help you to use your Gypsy more. This week I kept it simple as I had so many huge changes in our house I needed something easy to do! You know how those days are! So grab your cup of coffee, turn your Gypsy on and let's get to work!


See how easy this is, yet it is important to make sure that you make an exact copy of the matching piece that you are going to pop up; in this instance the flower and put that on the side of your mat. And always make sure that you preview your base so that you are sure that it will cut properly. I have a new area as you know and still need to work on the placement of the camera so please bear with me as I learn.


This morning I am working with paper that cut like butter but totally different in color than I am used to so I hope I don't come across negative... I discovered I am not a brown sort of person and will stick to my bright flashy colors as it is more my style! LOL The papers did cut like butter and I was thrilled with that as I need something to go right the morning I put this together! After cutting all my pieces I stamped the flowers thinking it may take time to dry but it didn't. Now don't laugh at my stamping... this is the first time that I used more than 1 color on a project and on camera! So if I can do it so can you! I used the Just For You stamp set and the Lagoon and Goldrush surround by the Olive ink pads. Phew this was a learning experience for me. 

Now it is time to put the cards together I have all my pieces cut and stamped to let's get to work and create some cards!


This video shows you step by step how to put the cards together and then adds a bonus of two additional cards that I made with the left over sheets. So I did get 4 cards from the 2 sheets of paper. Not bad.



Here is the group of cards all put together. After I finished them I loved them. Now as you know I used the Art Philosophy cart from CTMH, but you can use any cart that you want, just use one that has a complete window card as this is just a simple design this week. Just make a window card with a flower welded to it. Then decorate and pop that flower and link it up so we can see it. Now if you want my file for this card just click HERE.
I Challenge you to get that Gypsy going and make a card set like I did, 2- A2 size and another 1 or 2 with the scraps and then link them up! I will be giving away a stamp set to one luckily link up. The winner will be chosen using random .org. You must enter by 3/23 4PM and the winner will be announced the following morning. I can't wait to see what you come up with.
Thank you for joining us today, I do hope you enjoyed this post. Your sweet sweet words encourage me and your comments inspire me to continue sharing with you. Have a blessed week and be sure to link up your project.

17 comments:

Charlotte said...

So glad you brought this back. Great job Sheila. i will make something and enter it this week.
Charlotte

Teach4U said...

Thank you for posting the gypsy card making. I just uploaded my Art Philosophy cartridge to my Gypsy. I am so excited to use it. Thanks for all of your helpful tips.

Brenda

papillon digital design said...

These are really really cute. Love the flowers and the brad/button at the center. TFS

Angi Barrs said...

Gorgeous set of cards. Love the blooms. :)

Brenda said...

lovee the cards...that paper is sooo pretty and lovin the brad center!!!joy....no gypsy for me to join in the challenge...
hugs
Brenda

Java Jen's Creations said...

Oh, I love these cards!!!! I really like the color combination - (even if you're not too keen on it!) :-) Thanks for bringing back Gypsy Made Simple! Love it!

Lisa said...

WOW Sheila, that is beautiful. I'm going to try to start joining in on these because I really need to practice using my Gypsy more. Sometimes, I just have a hard time following along.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for bringing back gypsy made simple,you have taught me how to use my gypsy I have not missed one video and I will be forever
grateful
Bev from Aussie

Candy said...

Lovely card set Sheila! I'm glad that you brought back Gypsy Made Simple as I need to pull mine out more often and use it! I have the Art Philosophy cart and it is the best one,by far!

I also wanted to thank you so much for the lovely stamp set I recieved today , I can't wait to play with it! :)

Charlotte C said...

I agree - time to see you back with your G. Your cards are lovely. I can't wait to put some Easter cards together and link them up. TY, Sheila.

LadybugCarrie said...

Thanks for the great video! Can't wait to start using my AP cart! And I hope your day got better! :-)

Anonymous said...

Great Video!

I wish I had time to play along:(
I hope once I get caught up with my blogs I can too.

Charlene M. said...

Hi Sheila, Thanks so much for bringing GMS back. I've missed it! I hope you'll be making some spring/Easter cards for us. Love your new scrap room too!
Take care,

SouthernMrs
at verizon dot net

Migdalia said...

A beautiful set of cards.Love it!

Migdalia said...

A beautiful set of cards.Love it!

Anonymous said...

Please keep the Gypsy made simple coming. These are my favorite. You do such a nice job of helping me to break things down into manageable steps. Looking forward to more to come! Thank you!!!

Sabine said...

Hi Sheila, was there a winner on this link? I never saw a posting for it?
Sabine