November 1, 2011

Accordion Ornament Christmas Card

Good morning. I am so excited to share another project using the accordion ornaments with you today here and at The Bug Bytes. Pam is so sweet to invite me to share with you each month on her site. Be sure to watch for her post here on She's A Sassy Lady this Friday, as it is always a treat to have her join me! As you can see from above I am sharing these 2 very simple cards. Click HERE for the tutorial on how to make the ornaments as well as the file. I want to add that the ornament were origanlly designed by Bobby Hardgrave of the Cricut Couple and thank him for allowing me to share his file with you.

This is a close up of one of the ornaments that I made. All of the printed paper is from last years Chrismas stack from My Mind's Eye. It is so glittery I just love it.
First I used a Martha Stewart punch and trimmed it close so it wouldn't look akward on a standard A2 card.
Then I used another Martha Stewart punch to trim the striped pattern paper.
Here are the two punches as I really am not sure of the names.
I lined the inside of the with the same print I used on the outside, topped with just a plain white card stock for the sentiment area. I haven't stamped the inside yet as I was thinking of just hand writing the sentiment.
This is what the outside looks like before I attached the ornament. See how simple.
All I did was tie a bow on the ornament and used a glue dot to the ribbon so the receiver could easily remove the ornament and use it for their tree or adorn a package.
This is a close up of the ornament, aren't the papers yummy? I just love how shiney they are.

Then I put together these box envelope that I purchased from My Quilling Nest. They were so easy to assemble. I figured I would use them as I purchased them over a month ago and I wanted to protect the contents of this card.
Look how nicely they fit inside.
Thank you for joining me today. I hope you enjoyed today's little project. I will be linking this up to the She's A Sassy Lady weekly challenge. I hope you make one too and join in the fun. Just click HERE to link up your ornament.... any ornament.
Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments inspire me to continue sharing with you.

16 comments:

papillon digital design said...

This is awesome. I love the love you layered the ornament by sandwiching the accordian between the ornament layers! Did I say I love it? I love it. I am so so using this idea. Thanks for an awesome tutorial and file and thanks to the cricut couple too.

Unknown said...

Love how you found another great project for the accordian ornaments!!! I can't wait to make some!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Wow, Pam!!! Such a pretty ornament card!!! Loving what you did with that accordian fold!!! I'd say the Cricut Couple really started a sensation!!!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

OH Sheila!! These are fabulous ornament cards - what a great idea to place these on the cards!!! Love your papers and that punch is so fun!
Gorgeous
Hugs,
M

Jennifer said...

These ornaments cards are so cute. Love the paper you chose too. Hugs
Jen

Kelly said...

Love these ornaments on the card. I really must try and make one x

Unknown said...

Love what you have done with the ornaments, your card's are adorable :)
Loving your paper choice too!!
Hugs
Adele

Dan and Heather said...

These cards are beautiful. Love the colors and the papers are awesome. I have go to try one of these accordian ornaments. So pretty.

Granny said...

So beatiful. I love these ornaments and how you make cards from them. Great paper choice.
Hugs

Sandy said...

This is just so pretty. I really like the ornaments, they are just too cute on a card. The punch was a great choice. Hugs

Cheryl said...

Loving this card. Your paper choice is awesome. Thanks for the Gypsy file.
Cher

Java Jen's Creations said...

Wow! Absolutely beautiful cards!!

Dayna Sabrina said...

Sheila this is lovely. Very nicely done!

Cricut Couple said...

Wow Sheila! Stunning! I just love how you did these cards! So wonderful!

Sherrie K. said...

Sheila, these are just beautiful!! Very stunning and I love the paper you used. So festive! Nice work!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

GabyCreates.com said...

Great cards/ornaments...have to try! Love the paper too! --clever design!