November 7, 2011

Piggie Note Pad


Hi, I am delighted to be a Guest Designer at She's A Sassy Lady today!!  This is Lori from Scrappin' My Stress Away.

My niece just celebrated her 6th birthday.  She LOVES piggies!!  My gift to her is a day with Aunt Lori where we get pedicures and paint pottery (unless she chooses something different).  But I can't come empty handed to her birthday party, so I made her a piggie notepad and matching card.


I found this pig from Disney Pixar Toy Story.  I put the shadow layer on my gypsy at 4.18 inches and cut some out of white cardstock.


I cut out the another piggie at 4.29 (with the layer) for the cover.


I made the card the same size as the notebook cover.  I just welded two piggie shadow layers together for the card base and cut out a second piggie face.


Here is the card.



I wasn't sure how to bind my notebook without punching through the piggie's ears, so I used my Bind It All on a scrap piece of paper.


I put the scrap paper at the top of the notepad and centered it.

Then I used my Crop A Dile to punch three holes in the cover, back and the pages.



I trimmed the wires down to fit the note pad.


The trick is to flip the back cover over the front and poke the wires in.  Then bind it in the Bind It All.

The back of the wires will be hidden in the back of the notepad.



I used pink stickles to add some sparkle.
I had to put a little ribbon on her too!!


Here are Sabryna's piggie cupcakes.

Here is Sabryna surrounded by her friends ~ such a cutie!! 

As always, I am honored to be on Sheila's blog!!  Thanks for joining me!

15 comments:

Enfys said...

What a fun project Lori, love it
hugs
Enfys x

Unknown said...

Great project Lori...hope Sabryna had a terrific birthday :)
TFS with us
Hugs
Adele

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Oh, how fun is this!!! I bet these children just love these little tablets. They look like they had a great time. What a wonderfully fun project this is. Thanks for sharing your gret tutorial with us too.

papillon digital design said...

This is so so cute. Love it. And the cup cake looks so yummy too. I am sure the kids enjoyed it. TFS

Kelly said...

This is so cute. My daughter would love this. Your Niece looked like she was having a wonderful time at her party.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Lori this is super cute! I love the sparkle you added and what a good idea to just use your hole punch. Her cupcakes are so cute too!
Hugs,
M

scrappinlil said...

Very cute...Love the notepad, and that cupcake..how awesome is that. TFS

Kate said...

Absolutely adorable and such a fun idea! And the cupcakes were perfect!

Lisa said...

OMG so cute, love that notebook and those pig cupcakes are adorable. What a cute idea.

Cathie Rigby said...

Sooooo cute what a great party idea! Thanks for the inspiration-Cathie

Audrey Frelx said...

What an adorable little notepad, Lori! It's just so cute! You've just got to be the greatest Auntie Lori ever!!!

Love all the little cuties on the picture!

GabyCreates.com said...

This is adorable! the party and your decorations!! super cute note pad! TFS

Java Jen's Creations said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! Love it and your great tutorial!!

Sherrie K. said...

Awesome Miss Piggy book:) cute idea and thanks for the tutorial!!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Angi Barrs said...

EEEK...I sooo love that piggy note pad!