November 8, 2011

Ho! Ho! Ho! Copics and Cricut Card

Hi everyone! This is Elizabeth from 217 Creations. I am so happy to be here today! Ok I have to say . . .  I am pretty proud of this card.  This is my second time using my Copics and I think I did a pretty good job. I added so many details to really make this stand out! 
Remember you can click on any picture to enlarge and see more details.
I started my stamping the Santa image from Stampendous.
 I colored it using these Copics.
I trimmed away the excess and add lots of details to the image to really make it stand out.  I used Liquid Applique on his beard.  I did a spiraling motion to make it look curly. I added Stickles to his button and buckle. I use Copic Opaque White for the gloves.
 I used Polar White Flower Soft for the trim on his suit and hat.
 These extra steps really make the image look more realistic.
 While all my embellishing dried, I made the card base into an A2.  The cardstock was covered with Bo Bunny patterned paper.
 I then cut 3 layers of these top note shape from Cricut CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge.  Each was cut in increments of .30 inches.
Then using pop dots, I added the layers together and the Santa on top.
Next I stamped this sentiment from Pink By Design Old Time Christmas in Festive Berries, the new Tim Holtz Seasonal Distress Ink. I then sprinkled red enamel embossing powder on top and heat set it.
I punched holes on the edges and tied some sheer ribbon.
I assembled the card.
Finally I added some bling on the sides with my IRock from Imaginesce.
I love this card! 
I hope you enjoyed this card and some of the tips to improve your cuts and stamped images. As always I appreciate your comments and of course subscribing or following us here at She's A Sassy Lady and on my personal blog at 217 Creations.
Have a creative day!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute card Elizabeth!!
Thanks for sharing with us
Hugs
Adele

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Elizabeth this is a BEAUTIFUL card. What a wonderfully festive Santa. Love the coloring and the dimension to this. And you even have bling! Love it. Thanks for sharing this wonderful card with us today.

Sherrie K. said...

BEAUTIFUL card! Your coloring is perfect and I love the pretty papers your used! Great job!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Beautiful card Elizabeth - so glad you are busting out your Copics! They are by far the best marker I have ever tried! Love your layout and design on this card!
hugs,
M

Simply Sassy Scrapper said...

Very nice card!

Cricut Couple said...

This is just incredible! Love it!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I think you did an awesome job coloring with the copics.. I have given up trying to use them.. you are definitely making me want to try them again.. I love all the details you have added to this.. it's a beautiful card. I have some Polar White Flower Soft but don't know how to use it... did you just put some glue then sprinkle the flower soft on the glue???

Lisa said...

Liz, your card is gorgeous. You did a Fantastic job coloring, love all the details, they sure do make the card just pop.

Unknown said...

Fantastic card! Your attention to detail is amazing!

Audrey Frelx said...

Elizabeth, your card is beautiful! I can't believe how well you colored your card on only your second try! I've been trying for ages to use the copics and it never looks anywhere even near decent! Great job!

Java Jen's Creations said...

Wow! What an awesome job you did!! Your creations always have so much wonderful detail!! Thanks for another awesome tutorial!!

217 Creations said...

Thanks everyone for the compliments!
Sandy- yes I always do a very thin layer of liquid adhesive. I either use Beacon 3 in 1 or Art Glitter Clear. Both are awesome. The Beacon you will find at M's J' etc. Art Glitter I have to buy at my specialty stamp store but you could probably find online.

GabyCreates.com said...

Great card Elizabeth, love how you did your title!

Tina M said...

What a beautiful job! I love all the deets and the colors :) thanks for sharing with us

Rosie said...

this is such a cute card :)

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogpsot.com