November 8, 2011

Ho! Ho! Ho! Copics and Cricut Card

Hi everyone! This is Elizabeth from 217 Creations. I am so happy to be here today! Ok I have to say . . .  I am pretty proud of this card.  This is my second time using my Copics and I think I did a pretty good job. I added so many details to really make this stand out! 
Remember you can click on any picture to enlarge and see more details.
I started my stamping the Santa image from Stampendous.
 I colored it using these Copics.
I trimmed away the excess and add lots of details to the image to really make it stand out.  I used Liquid Applique on his beard.  I did a spiraling motion to make it look curly. I added Stickles to his button and buckle. I use Copic Opaque White for the gloves.
 I used Polar White Flower Soft for the trim on his suit and hat.
 These extra steps really make the image look more realistic.
 While all my embellishing dried, I made the card base into an A2.  The cardstock was covered with Bo Bunny patterned paper.
 I then cut 3 layers of these top note shape from Cricut CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge.  Each was cut in increments of .30 inches.
Then using pop dots, I added the layers together and the Santa on top.
Next I stamped this sentiment from Pink By Design Old Time Christmas in Festive Berries, the new Tim Holtz Seasonal Distress Ink. I then sprinkled red enamel embossing powder on top and heat set it.
I punched holes on the edges and tied some sheer ribbon.
I assembled the card.
Finally I added some bling on the sides with my IRock from Imaginesce.
I love this card! 
I hope you enjoyed this card and some of the tips to improve your cuts and stamped images. As always I appreciate your comments and of course subscribing or following us here at She's A Sassy Lady and on my personal blog at 217 Creations.
Have a creative day!
Post a Comment