November 15, 2011

Quick and cute Thanksgiving place cards

Today's my day to be the guest designer over at She's a Sassy Lady. If you have a moment please hop on over and leave me a comment. Here's my post:

Hi everyone! This is Kristy from craftin-on-my-door and I want to thank Sheila for allowing my to be her guest designer again today! I look forward to my monthly She's a Sassy Lady posts!

This month I thought that I would come up with some quick and cute Thanksgiving place cards. If you're not hosting Thanksgiving at your house this year, they would even make great little cards to attach to a hostess' gift!  (You're not going to believe this, but this project took me LESS than 20 minutes!)

I used my fabulous Imagine and the Enjoy the Seasons cartridge to quickly whip this up:
 The pieces were printed and cut at 3".
 I cut a piece of brown paper 4" x 3" and then folded it in half to make the card 2" tall.
 Next, I glued the pumpkins down to the top of the card and then used some thin foam adhesive to attach the squash. I used some small Making Memories letter stickers to add a name to the banner. Then I used some thick foam adhesive to add the banner.
 I looped some twine around the bottom of the card and tied a knot.
Then I cut a small piece of satin ribbon and tied it onto the twine. Lastly, I threaded a flower and a button onto the twine and tied a little bow.
What do you think?!
 I love all the dimension and how quick it came together!
Thanks for stopping by today and feel free to hop on over to my little part of the blog world anytime {craftin-on-my-door}! ♥Kristy

19 comments:

Qadirah said...

Oh this are so darn cute... I just love them.. Thanks for sharing :-)

mfc.melissamade2 said...

OH my gosh these are super cute! I love the twine you added with the leave and ribbon! Fabulous and this is sure to spice up any table decor!! I love them - thanks for sharing!
Hugs,
M

LisaB said...

Super Cute! Might have to copy that idea.

Unknown said...

Great idea, can be adapted for Christmas too :)
TFS with us
Hugs
Adele

Kelly said...

Sweet cards. Love this idea x

Simply Sassy Scrapper said...

Those are just ADORABLE!!!!

Lisa said...

WOW, very cute, love them, very festive.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Cute, cute, cute. These turned out adorable and so perfect for the holiday and what a wonderful way to use those alfa stickers. Thanks for sharing with us today.

Audrey Frelx said...

Kristy, these little place holders are really cute!

Barb Smith said...

What a lovely little treat for those attending Thanksgiving dinner. Love it!

Barb from Toronto, Canada
http://barbsmithdesigns.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Adorable! TFS!!!

Debbie Bakk said...

These are just sooo ADORABLE and I think I might have to scrap lift these from you. thanks for sharing this with us...

SherriC. said...

these are adorable!!!!!!!
TFS!!!!!!

GabyCreates.com said...

Love them Kristy!

Jeannie said...

How cute! And what a great way to welcome others to the table.

Carolyn/MamaC said...

What a creative and adorable placecard! Your guests will be impressed!
Oh, my goodness! What a fabulous easel card! Love all the detail!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Snowmanlover said...

Just darling. Love these!!!

Cricut Couple said...

This is such a fantastic idea! How clever!

Java Jen's Creations said...

This is an awesome place card!!! So festive and just perfect!!