November 16, 2011

I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas....

Hello Crafty Friends....
Sherri here from Sherri's Crafty Place, today I made a card using a few different crafting tools, I hope you enjoy...
Now on to my card.....
Today's card is a 6X6
My mom LOVES the song "I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" so she was the inspiration for this card....
 using my Gypsy I laid out my images from Create A Critter and Winter Frolic  and cut them out using my Expression, the Santa Hat is from Pooh and Friends and I welded it to the hIppo...
 these are my Chomas gel pen holder and mini sharpie holder, by Amy Chomas...LOVE THEM.....
 so using my gel pen holder and gel pen I replaced my blade and put in the holder....always slip a piece of scrap paper under the area the pen will go, this way you won't get any on your project or machine, I do this when I put the holder in and take it out...

 here is the pen in action, writing the words.." I want a hippopotamus for Christmas" the paper is from my stash...
 I used a red glitter gel pen, I think I need to colour in the words.... but we will see when it starts to come together....the font is from Lyrical Letters.....love this font cartridge....
 the gel pen is from Staples, and I have some other gel pens that are from the dollar store, and they all work in the Holders!!!!!
 here are a few of the new products I used to put this card together...after watching so many of Sheilas videos and seeing her use it, I just had to find me  some ZIP DRY.....and finally I found it the other day!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!! and I picked up a bottle of Snow Writer, from Michael's it was fun to use....it will be fun to use on some of my Christmas cards.....
 I used my Corner Chomper on all my edges....I used the Cloud side, another must have tool....
 I used the tree to decorate the inside of the card...
I decided I needed to colour in the words, so using my red glitter gel pen I coloured in the word....I also went a little crazy with the snow.... :) I think he looks kinda cute with a beard....right? LOL
thank you so much for dropping by today , I hope you liked my card.....
and a BIG thank you to Sheila for letting me share my card with her friends.....
Happy Crafting....
❀Sherri❀

15 comments:

Amy said...

Darling card! I love the hippo with his beard, and I love that song too--so cute!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Oh how fun is this! Love the hippo and using the gel pens are soooooo much fun. I have a set and they are wonderful. You inspire me to get mine out. Thanks for the great tutorial and fun project!

Candy said...

Great card Sherri! I just love that song! That hippo is too cute with his little beard.
Candy
candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

Carol's Creations said...

I love this card and this Christmas song is one of my all-time favorites that I don't get to hear but maybe once if I catch it on the radio.

Ladybug said...

Totally cute! I've always loved that song, too!
TFS!! :-)

Lisa said...

AW your card is adorable, love the lights. I've never heard of that song, I'll have to find it. Your hippo is so cute. :)

Bunnyfreak said...

I love that song too.

LisaB said...

Oh WOW!!! What a cute card! Pinning it to pinterest now!!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Oh my so adorable...love the hippos Santa beard! Too cute - love that Christmas light paper too! So fun! Thanks for sharing!
Hugs,
M

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, Sherrie, how adorable!

Amy Chomas said...

This turned out too cute! Love the hippo's beard hehe!!! Great job with the Chomas Creations mini gel pen holder, I just love seeing it put to good use!

Cricut Couple said...

This is WONDERFUL! I have never seen anyone do such details with Cricut Pens. Get's those wheels turning! Love it!

GabyCreates.com said...

Cute, cute, cute!

donna said...

That is my FAVORITE Christmas song EVER!!! I definately have to try this card!

Java Jen's Creations said...

What a wonderful card and I LOVE that song! :-) Thanks for sharing!!