November 28, 2011

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

Happy Monday Y'all! Aymee Gandy of 'A Scraphappy Southernbelle' here with you on this beautiful day to share a couple of Christmas projects with you guys. But first, how was your Thanksgiving? Did you all have fun with your family and friends? I sure hope so! Brandon and I were unable to make it home to Alabama to see our families for the holiday, so we had a little celebration here. I even cooked a mini Thanksgiving dinner. It was nothing like my Mom's cooking, but it was festive. We had a good time! We spent the day just enjoying each others company and even took our Yorkie, Katie Scarlett, to the park for a long walk. I know we are all about scrappin' here, but I had to show off a pic of my baby on her very first Thanksgiving! Tee hee!
Now, on to the scrappyness! First up, I have a bit of home decor' that I created using 4 frames I found at a local dollar store! I tell ya, you can find the best frames at the dollar store to alter up and make unique artwork for your home. Be sure to take a look the next time you go in to one to see what you could create!

"Noel" Wall Hanging

Supplies Used
Cardstock, Ribbon: The Paper Studio
Patterned Paper: GCD Studios
Alphabet Stickers: American Crafts
Electronic Cutter: Cricut Expression (Provo Craft)
Cartridge: Plantin' Schoolbook
Embossing Machine: Cuttlebug (Provo Craft)
Embossing Folder: Snow
Adhesive: Helmar
 I used my Cricut to cut ovals and then embossed them with my Cuttlebu. I then put my alphabet stickers on top of that.

'N'
 'O'
 'E'
 'L'
 "Happy Christmas" Shaker Card

Supplies Used:
Cardstock: The Paper Studio, Core'dinations
Patterned Paper: Die Cuts With A View, My Mind's Eye, The Paper Studio
Pearls: Queen & Co.
Ribbon: The Paper Studio
Corner Punch: EK Success
Electronic Cutter: Cricut Expression (Provo Craft)
Cartridges: Christmas, Joys of the Season, Gypsy Wanderings
Software: Cricut Gypsy (Provo Craft)
Adhesive: Helmar

For this card, I used my Gypsy to design it and then my Cricut to cut it out. I put some clear acetate (recycled from a leftover sticker sheet) on the back of the window to create the 'glass.' I then used pop dots to pop this up and add some blue embellishments to create my shaking mechanism. I was going for the look of snow when you shake the card.
 Here is a view from the side so you can see the window popped up to allow the shaker part to work.
 I added a simple sentiment to the inside.
I hope you have enjoyed these projects! Thank you so much for stopping by the Sassy blog! We hope to see you again soon!

Happy Scrappin'!!!

22 comments:

Carolyn/MamaC said...

What a sweet little furbaby! Beautiful wall hanging! The card is just stunning! Love all the detail!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

RoseAnn's Thoughts said...

Your fir-baby is the cutest ever!! Love the card, very pretty :)

CathyinMN said...

Katie Scarlett is adorable! Thanks for sharing your wonderful projects.

Bunnyfreak said...

Great shaker car. You fur baby is adorable.

Unknown said...

Your Card and wall hanging are great!!
KATIE scarlett is sooooo cute !!
Hugs
Adele

Vee said...

I'm afraid your baby Katie Scarlett stole the show on this post, your doggie is so, so sweet.
Vee xx

Barb Smith said...

Cute little dog and what an adorable Christmas coat she has. Your framed project is very sweet and easy to make. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us.

Barb from Toronto, Canada
http://barbsmithdesigns.blogspot.com

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Oh so gorgeous! Love the papers those beautiful frames and the awesome ribbon! Fabulous creation!
hugs,
M

Angi Barrs said...

Little Katie is super adorable. Love your fabulous wall hanging too. :)

Sandy from Ukiah said...

i am going to have to agree and say, "Katie" was the highlight .. she is the cutest thing ever in her little jacket... and i loved your shaker card and your frames,, but that Katie is just tooo cute.

Unknown said...

Beautiful projects & what a gorgeous little doggie :)

Unknown said...

Your fur baby is adorable!!! Oh, the projects are cute too LOL!! Love the window!

Simply Sassy Scrapper said...

Love the NOEL wall hanging, so fun and festive!!! Great projects and what an adorable pooch!

SherriC. said...

Oh My Gosh.....your puppy is sooooooo cute!!!!
and your frames and card are just AWESOME!!!!!!
TFS!!!!

Grandma Bugs Place said...

Oh I so want your pup!! If little Katie would like to visit Colorado one day - just send her along! (smile) I agree - she stole this post.

Love her!
Marcie

Anonymous said...

OMG your furbaby is absolutely ADORABLE!!! :-) Love your projects, so pretty! :-)

Audrey Frelx said...

Aymee, Katie Scarlett is the star of this show!!! She is just too-too adorable in her beautiful little coat!

Love your wall frame, and your card is so pretty! Yes, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! LOL!

Audrey Frelx said...

Aymee, Katie Scarlett is the star of this show!!! She is just too-too adorable in her beautiful little coat!

Love your wall frame, and your card is so pretty! Yes, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! LOL!

Audrey Frelx said...

Aymee, Katie Scarlett is the star of this show!!! She is just too-too adorable in her beautiful little coat!

Love your wall frame, and your card is so pretty! Yes, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! LOL!

Just this... Alice said...

Your Katie Scarlette is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Love them both.

Snowmanlover said...

Oh my gosh, that puppy and outfit is so darn cute!

GabyCreates.com said...

What an adorable pup!! what a cute coat! I have to create some for my two small Maltipoo and Terrie-poo mix