November 27, 2011

Holiday Paper Wreath

With the Holiday's upon us, I thought it would be fun to make a paper wreath!  I actually made a similar wreath last year for my son's classroom and incorporated photo's of each classmate on the wreath (cannot find the picture of it).  So this year, I created this Santa Wreath and I will be incorporating photos of my children with Santa throughout the years!  Thank you so much for viewing this project!

Here are the instructions for making this wreath:
Cut 10 sheets (5 of each patterned paper) into 8" x 8" sheets.
Cut each of these sheets in 1/2:

Take one piece and pinch one end of the paper together and Glue It.  Repeat with all papers.

Then using your choice of adhesive (I used Alene's Tacky Glue & Staples). Secure 2 pieces of pinched papers and attach the two ends together by your choice of adhesive (I used both Glue and Staples).


Repeat process with paper variations.  As you build this up into a circle, it does get very difficult, but keep powering through it! After completing half the circle in this manor, Glue/Adhesive unpinched sides together on lower half to secure.  To help secure the Glue Adhesive to make this easier I simply used large clips to hold together as Glue Dried!  To give you a better idea of what I am referring too, I am including the picture below:
I added to two halves together with glue and again large clips to hold together until glue dries, then I stapled and let sit until fully dry.  I added simple center embellishments and will be adding photo's over the holiday's!

Thank you so much for looking!  I appreciate all of the inspiration everyone provides me and I just hope that I am able to inspire someone else!  Have a very wonderful Holiday Season, Jennifer:
http://simplysassyscrapper.blogspot.com/

13 comments:

GabyCreates.com said...

This is so great and festive and WOW I thought you had to create a complete cone, but this idea/design is just clever!

Unknown said...

Great idea, TFS it with us :)
Hugs
Adele

Cathy said...

going to try this today!! I love it
cathyplus5.blogspot.com

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

This is so cool Sheila. I definitely want to try this. Thanks for sharing.

Kelly said...

Fab idea. Looks wonderful and so simple to make. Will have to have a go wih my children.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

WOW!! This is gorgeous - what a fabulous idea!! Love the papers you chose! Thanks for sharing a wonderful tutorial!
Hugs,
M

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Very pretty

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This wreath is AWESOME!!! I love the colors, the simplicity and your tutorial is awesome... now I have to figure out when to make it! AWESOME!

Bunnyfreak said...

What a cool idea.

Cricut Couple said...

Oh Wow! What a wonderful project! TFS!

Shawnee said...

Thanks for your wonderful instructions. This is a beautiful project. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Audrey Frelx said...

Looks like my comments are disappearing!

Trying again! Your project is wonderful!!! Looks great and I love the beautiful papers!

Melody Lane Inspired said...

Great Idea! Thanks for sharing!