November 14, 2011

Winter Frolic - Window Top Card!

Hello my crafty friends!  This is Kimberly from My Craft Spot and I am so happy to be here on Sheila's fun blog to share a Christmas card with you!


The top of the card has a window cut in the shape of the shadow so you can see the Christmas carolers (The carolers are actually in the inside of the card)  The top of the card is a 5.5 inch square cut with the George cartridge.  The shadow was cut at 2.87 inches.


The Christmas carolers, and all of the layers were cut from the Winter Frolic cartridge at 2.87 inches.  I used cuttlebug embossing folders to add texture to their clothing and to the borders.


The face stamps are from Peachy Keen - adds soooo much to these die cuts!  I also chalked the cheeks with Red EK Success chalk and used a white gel pen to color in the eyes and add highlights.


 The borders are from the new Ribbons and Rosettes cartridge (which I love!!)  The top border is a "2 x 11 border" cut at 0.99 inches.  The red underneath is the "1 x 11 border" cut at 0.50 inches.


The Christmas tree border is the "1 x 6 border button" cut at 0.91 inches.  I cut both layers (use the shift key).  The top (cream) and the bottom (red).  Then I cut 4 of the Christmas trees (green) at 0.53 inches.


The stamped sentiment is from my new White Christmas Stamp Set.  I tied the Vintage Green Bakers Twine through the 'window'.


This is the inside of the card.  The "Merry Christmas" sentiment is from my new Merry Christmas Stamp Set.



Here is a video showing how I made this card:



Come join the fun over at My Craft Spot!

20 comments:

Annette said...

The detail on this card is so pretty. Great inspiration and thxs for sharing.

Angi Barrs said...

Awww look at those little faces. Adorable. :)

Bunnyfreak said...

Love how you did the window. Very cool idea.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Oh this is beautiful! I love how you open the card and the people are on the inside! Gorgeous touch and I love the sentiment too! Fabulous creation!
hugs,
M

Unknown said...

Wow!!! This is a whole new way to design fun cards!!! I love your carolers!!! My brain is a spinning!!!

Rachel said...

How clever! I love the window!

Unknown said...

Love the concept of your card :)
TFS with us
Hugs
Adele

Audrey Frelx said...

Kimberly, this is such an adorable little card!

SherriC. said...

Kimberly, this is just adorable, I am total going to be scrap lifting this idea, hope you don't mind... ;)

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

this card is just adorable, love all the detail and dimension! Thanks 4 sharing with us today .

Adrian said...

Wow, awesome card! I may hae to give this a try!

Jeannie said...

This is just wayyy too cute! I love the little people!

GabyCreates.com said...

Just adorable! and great concept!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Oh, wow! this is so adorable! Love the detail!

RoseAnn's Thoughts said...

Love this card, it is simply adorable!!

papillon digital design said...

Beautiful card. TFS

Qadirah said...

Amazing, love your work.

Rosie said...

Love the window on the kids, nice card

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Cricut Couple said...

Oh Kimberly, This is just incredible! I love every single detail! Perfection as always!!!

Java Jen's Creations said...

This is an incredible card design!! I love it and can't wait to try it out! Thanks for the awesome video!