November 24, 2011

Happy SASSY Thanksgiving from Sassy Dude!

Hey Ya'll,
A very Happy and Sassy Thanksgiving to you!  Today is Thanksgiving, but it's also Sassy Dude Day for me.  First of all, please excuse the poor quality of the pictures today as Jill and I both work retail.  You can imagine what this week is like for us.  Hee! Hee!  It's all about Black Friday and not Thanksgiving anymore... unfortunately.

Today, I am going to quickly share with you a couple of things you can do to make your "Bulk" Christmas cards go a little quicker.  Have you ever felt overwhelmed this time of year?  DUH!  There right now.  Hee! Hee!  Hopefully these things will help you out a little bit.
 This card uses CTMH Art Philosophy for the cartridge, My Craft Spot stamps and the stamps that come with the Art Philosophy cartridge.  What I wanted to do was to play with several different paper stacks that I really don't use much because I love other things, but I have lots of Christmas cards to send out.  This made things very easy.
 First of all, I used the Gypsy to fill a page full of label shapes to fit the Merry Christmas on.
 Then I used another label shape.  I placed it directly in the center of the mat and then added the other tree in the center.  Once it was all centered, I grouped them together and then copied and pasted until I had a full page.  Love this about the Gypsy!
 I then filled an entire page with the tree shape that coordinates with the tree stamp with the Art Philosophy set.  Once everything was cut, I inked up my stamps and started stamping.
 You can see here that there are lots of great label shapes, tree shapes and labels for the front of the cards.  I just took a bunch of coordinating inks and got to stampin'.  I then stacked everything by group.  You will also see that I used white and craft paper for this project.  This way, I could make some bright and clean cards, but still do some more vintage looking ones as well.
 The Merry Christmas comes from My Craft Spot.  I LOVE these stamps!!!  The tree is from this set by CTMH.  This one comes with your Art Philosophy cartridge.
 Once everything is done, I just simply cut my mats and used a rounded corner punch on them.  No time to wait for the Cricut to cut all of these mats, so I just grabbed my straight cutter and got to cutting... then punch the corners and viola!  You could use decorative corner punches as well, but no time for thinking with these ones.  Hee! Hee!  Just had to bust them out!
 I used 3D adhesive on the trees and Merry Christmas labels.  A little ribbon, a couple of gems and your done!  I also used a coordinating ink to ink the edges as I was creating each card... one at a time.
 The inside is kept very simple.  You can stamp your sentiment of leave it to write everything.  The thing I really love about the My Craft Spot stamps is that you have sentiments included in the sets that you can use on the inside of your cards.  Following this, you can see the different cards that you can make with this one technique!
 Here is using purple.  I used stickles on the edge of the label and all over the tree.
 The stickles did curl up the tree a bit, so the others that I glitter, I will run through the Xyron and glitter them that way.  I used a thinner card stock for the stamping and I think it was just too much "Wet".
 I used a MS branch punch and stuck a few greens behind the tree.
 A little bow and your done!
 I used the Rust tones for this one with the craft paper.  Love that look!  I also inked the edges with a teal color as it went so wonderful with this paper!
I used some gold glitter around the other tree edge on the label shape.

Now, I know these are pretty simple for what I normally do, but they do go together very quickly.  I was able to get 40 of these done in one day!  YAY!  I also stamped the tree stamp on the negative space that was cut out of the center of the label.  I just forgot to take a picture of it.  Hee! Hee!

Now... In case you didn't know, we are giving away a Full Sized Cricut Cake Machine on our blog!  Click Here for Cake Machine Giveaway!



We have the most wonderful follower and had such a successful giveaway with our first round that we are doing it again!  Be sure to check it out and sign up!

Thank you SO much Sheila for letting me play again today!  Thank you all for visiting and I would love to hear your comments!  Now... Off to eat and relax.  Have to get to work at 1:30 AM for the big sale!!!  Hee! Hee!

15 comments:

tt.scraps said...

Very cool! Thanks for the directions and cuts!! :)
Happy Thanksgiving!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I always love to see your beautiful card Jill and Bobby- and you do such a wonderful job with your tutorials

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Bobby these cards are just awesome! Love the cut outs and the fact that you were able to mass produce such an attractive card! Thanks for sharing with us today. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. May you and Jill be blessed in a special way this day.

Jennifer said...

Your cards are beautiful. I really like the little cut out trees and how youhave them popped out. Happy Thanksgiving.
Jen

Unknown said...

Yet another great project Bobby :)
The Christmas season is fast approaching, so bulk making is indeed a must !!
Have a great Thanksgiving
Hugs
Adele

Java Jen's Creations said...

Oh my word!!!! These cards are sooooo awesome!!! I LOVE this idea for mass producing Christmas cards! You have inspired me!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

SherriC. said...

this is a FABULOUS IDEA!!!!!!!!!
you have the greatest ideas...
I love to mass produce cards,
TFS!!!!

Lisa said...

All the cards are very pretty, that's what is so great about the Gypsy, being able to cut out a large quantity. Love the idea.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Bobby this is another fabulous Christmas card - I'm guessing that you are almost done with all your cards for the year!!! I love each and everyone! Thanks for sharing!
hugs,
M

Anonymous said...

This is great. The gypsy is the best way to produce alot of something quick. Love the card Thanks for sharing.

kim
k1i2m3@cox.net

Pat Bowman said...

Adore these - some of the prettiest "mass produced" cards I've seen. I'm going to change it up a bit (since I don't have that cartridge or any of those stamps), and I'm sure I'll end up with something beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration!

Sherrie K. said...

What a fabulous way to mass produce! Your cards are just beautiful! Thanks for sharing your project and all the great tips and ideas. Great inspiration!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Gorgeous cards!! I love all of the different papers and color combos! Thanks for the idea!

Kimberly

GabyCreates.com said...

Love the variations/mass producing of this card! Very clever to design it to accommodate your stamps! Love it!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Love it, Bobby!!!