November 29, 2011

November Snow?...In the South?

Hi everyone!  I'm Charlotte, from A Little Bit of Detail, and just so glad to be back with you.  I first want to thank Sheila, my hometown friend, for inviting me back.

  Today was our first day back in school after the Thanksgiving break.  And there was a lot of excitement in the air.  Usually when we return to school after Thanksgiving the two topics of conversation are the Iron Bowl, (Alabama/Auburn football game) and Christmas.  There was some  talk about football, not much about Christmas, because everyone was talking about the predicted snow.  We get very little snow here in Alabama, much less during the month of November.

So as I was thinking about my project, the first thing that came to mind was something with snow.  Here it is.  I made a folded frame card.  Splitcoaststampers.com has a very good tutorial on how to make a folder frame.  It is just about the easiest thing ever to make!  I love it!


The folded frame reminds me of a quilt square.  A nice cozy quilt will feel good on the bed tonight. 


 I cut the snowflake from A Child's Year cartridge.  After cutting it out, I ran it through the Xyron to get it real sticky so I could add some Martha Stewart glitter to it.  It was then added to the folded frame.


  The scalloped frame is cut from the Elegant Edges cartridge.  I added a pale blue sheer glittered ribbon and bow to carry through that frosty look of snow.  



And I finished the card with a label cut from Lacey Labels.  The sentiment is from the Winter Wishes stamp set by K Andrew Designs.  I love these stamps because they can all be mixed and matched to create so many different sentiments.   

Thanks for visiting today.  And if you get a chance, I hope you will drop by A Little Bit of Detail and visit for awhile.  Stay warm, and have a great week!
Charlotte


12 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Charlotte this card is just beautiful! Love the beatiful folds and the glitter just makes it glisten like snow! I woke up to flurries this morning and I must say I was thankful it did not stick! Thanks for sharing this beautiful card with us today!

CathyinMN said...

I really like your card! I'll have to try one of these sometime. TFS!

Jennifer said...

What a pretty card. I love all the glitter and your Christmas colors. TFS
Jen

Granny said...

I am from northern Florida and don't see snow very often either... last time about 8 years ago so I too like glittery cards like the one you made. Thanks for sharing.

Dan and Heather said...

What a pretty card. Love the folds in it... and all the glitter.
Heather

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Beautiful creation - I love the center fold and that bow and the glitter are fabulous! Gorgeous creation = TFS!
Hugs,
M

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful card, so glittery and pretty
Hugs
Adele

Kelly said...

Lovely card x

Carolyn/MamaC said...

What a beautiful card! I love the colors!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Rosie said...

WOW! this card is so beautiful!!!

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Audrey Frelx said...

How surprising life can be!!! Here you've had snow in the south and we here in the north haven't experienced one flake of snow yet -- lol!!!

Love your card; it's beautiful!!!

Cricut Couple said...

So Pretty!